Need info on a Burny Super Grade...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansi

Reaction score
Been in the talks with a guy about buying this Burny Super Grade and need some input from people that have experience with 'em... I could probably talk it to a price around 700 EUR (incl. HSC) but as I have no way of getting to play it first I thought I'd ask around.

The truss rod cover has been changed from the original "wings" cover. I'm guessing it's a '88 or '89 but which model exactly? Specs? How's the quality compared to some Tokai's or my Edwards E-LP-98LTC for example? It's apparently got a neck that's more of the slim '60s profile (I would prefer '50s), so how thin are those exactly?

Cheers!

674D41D0D9A544C681CAD061F0B4B3A9.jpg

AECDA3E835B94C41BB2E0707C7C41641.jpg

8F699EEBA7DA42569B1BBE9C55C913F5.jpg

CE0B5806B3164BF3B1CE8598AEBBAC6C.jpg

36BD2A5C603848FC9921B973574D8810.jpg

Haha,I was behind the same guitar :lol: Not as a buyer but interrested in finding out the birthday...I was already on the way to open the same thread.Some additional info : there's nothing written in the neck pu cavity.
And in the middle upper part ? the binding was loosen but clued by a preowner.Seller says it's with vh-1s but he removed the stickers..
The original TRC is the one with wings

Looks to be an RLG-70, late 80's (veneer top), very nice! I had one of those but sold it. My "special" Burny I have has a 60's neck and although I prefer a fat 50's neck, I love Burny 60's necks!! Super comfy and fast. I have an Edwards 92 Black Beauty with P90's and dig that as well but Burny vs. Edwards....no contest. Burny just has that vintage vibe, good wood, and great overall construction. I love my Tokai as well but I always gravitate to my Burny 1st. I think you will love that guitar man :D

I agree with udonitron.You can check this up too Hansi,lots of information about burny

I have a similar Burny with a low script on the headstock and winged TRC. The neck on it is very thin... not uncomfortable but not ideal. Dunno if that helps or not.

Thanks for the info people!

Hmm... Well the thin neck is a bit of a turn-off. The neck on my Edwards is already a bit thinner than the Gibson '59 profile and though it's still a great feeling neck, I wouldn't want one that's thinner yet...

I used to own her older cousin but eventually sold her .......
This one was right at the 10 lb. :evil: mark & a small bit of the veneer had started lifting.
Hope yours is a good one ...............

sittin' pretty ........
RLG-90AmberChair.jpg

nearly a 1 pc. back; the string at the bottom of the control route marks the very small 2nd pc.
RLG-90secondPiece2.jpg

end grain of the (almost) 1 pc. body, and they were still doing the backs in cherry finish :D 8) for this top color ........
RLG-90endGrain1.jpg

high script & correct TRC ..........
RLG-90HeadFrt.jpg

Latest posts

Back