Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus vintage series Strat pickups
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:

You now have the earliest # of the six above examples, and I liked the tonal response of the pickups in it the least of the six.

If you think the pickups in the white relic you have sound good, you would likely have a cow at the sound of the pickups in the OTM & the AWH examples that I still have; both examples in the 002*** range.
The tonal response, be it 'vintage' or 'hot' is quite sublime ........................

That's interesting.... out of curiosity, what did you like about the p'ups in the others compared to the ones in mine?

When I sold the white relic I had three 64Vs left; the relic, the OTM & the AWH.

To my ears the pups in the relic did not sound near as strong as the pups in the OTM, or the AWH.

Cool... thanks. To my ears after playing the 65 reissue for so long, the Bacchus pickups are monsters - big huge sound. No disappointment or lack of expectations here. Great guitar and a real looker (thanks Rich)
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
everyone has different ears, everyone has different experiences with 'vintage' instruments, and I'm fairly confidnet that those people may have differing perceptions of what they believe 'vintage' tone to be & not to be

One person's 'vintage' tone could be another person's 'hotter' tone but that still doesn't make any of it BS

Tone may be a matter for subjective judgement but output isn't. It's measureable. And the flat topped pickups we're discussing, Alnico IIs apparently, are significantly hotter measured with a multimeter than a typical "vintage copy" Strat pickup. That's not opinon, that's quantifiable fact.

A multimeter is as important to a discussion about pickups as scales are when discussing lumber - they can both help to quantify subjective impressions. And that's what happened - the pickups that read high sound louder & fatter. No great surprise there then......
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, then, to my ears the Yutas still suck ......................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:

Cool, that's a valid opinion. But it can't be because they are less vintage, as you said earlier, it must be because they're more vintage.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:

Constructive as ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: