What is this?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's how they painted them.
But the OP's Strat doesn't have these type of nail holes, and the holes in the neck pocket have a sort of countersunk thing going on that's seen on Tokais.

Now I have some more informations from the seller. He bought it himself from a guy from switzerland who sold it as a Tokai, which I believe it really is. This guy replaced the logo and applied the stamp to make it look like a Fender. Later the pickups were changed to DiMarzios and than to Lindy Fralins.

This is really a good guitar. It just needs a fretjob. I did my best on it, but it is not much left to work on. So I will give it to a pro luthier to make it perfect. Maybe I will replace the pickups with a set of Kloppmann pickups which I allready have. It probably could become my dream guitar.

I am very glad that I got into Tokai's. They bring the real vintage feeling for just a litlle money. I sold everything original fender brand guitars and bought 3 times as much Tokais back. That was a good swap, I would say. I am pretty sure that these guitars will be quite valuable in a few years. But that's not what I am really after. I am searching for THE guitar. That's why I always buy and sell. I keep the good one and sell the rest and so on. Now with my Tokais it is hard to say which one has to go next, because they are all good. It looks that I keep them all.

Latest posts

Back