please delete!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am by no means an expert but here are a few things that stand out.

about the serialnr:
it's impressed deeper than normal, a different type of digit is used, it's places lower than normal, it's coarse and not centered and the first digit isn't attached to the rest of the digits as should have been.

no trace of a (former) sticker on the back of the headstock

the tuners are not original tokai tuners

I don't know what going on with the front of the headstock, some kind of deterioration of the lacquer, but it spared the top edges

the grain of back of the body is not of the same quality I have seen on high end models

is this a honeyburst, anyone?

you need pics of the pickup cavities and a better closeup of the back to get more info on this guitar

jacco said:
I am by no means an expert but here are a few things that stand out.

no trace of a (former) sticker on the back of the headstock

the tuners are not original tokai tuners

I don't know what going on with the front of the headstock, some kind of deterioration of the lacquer, but it spared the top edges

Whats wrong with the tuners? - I have them on my '84 ls60.

The lack of a sticker, or sticker residue is irrelevant, its 26 years old...

and the deterioration of 'love rock' has happened on alot of tokai's I've seen, and gibsons for that matter...

Nice axe.

as I said I am no expert

do the tuners on your LS60 say tokai or deluxe? the models I know at least until 1983 say tokai, maybe that has changed in that period

what about the serialnr?

Latest posts

Back