• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryptozoo

Reaction score
Not looking for trades at the moment, thanks. Please PM me or e-mail [email protected] if you're interested.

For sale, my 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-80.

Cherry sunburst, serial # 10150XX... this is a killer-sounding LP! As you can see, it's not 'collector-grade' -- she's been played on a regular basis and had been before I was the owner.

There are no breaks, cracks, repairs or the like, but the finish is dulled from arm contact and has some chips in a few places. The back has minor finish checking and some buckle rash. The neck shape is what I'd describe as medium C. There is what appears to have been a finish/laquer reaction to contact with a guitar stand or strap next to the rear strap button. It's not through the finish, but it is visible and has changed the color slightly in that area. The "LS80" oval sticker has been removed from the rear of the headstock and now resides in the neck pickup cavity for safekeeping, but the sticker and # are also still visible in the original location if the rear of the headstock is viewed at the correct angle.

I'm selling this one because I invested a good bit in an old-growth replica which I absolutely love, and this Tokai isn't getting the play time it once did, unfortunately.

Features:

- upgraded electronics (pots, caps)
- upgraded and aged tuners

Includes:

Original circuit board / pots / caps
original Tokai pickups, nickel covers (zebra bobbins underneath, if memory servers)
Original tuners
Black Gibson USA hardshell case (not the pink-fur case in the photo)

Weight is 9.125 lbs on a postal scale -- a great weight for this era as many of these were heavy.

As you can see in the photos, I have different pickups currently installed. The original pickups will be re-installed for the buyer

Asking $1200 shipped / paypal'd (via gift or echeck) in the lower 48

2q21yxk.jpg

mvi5op.jpg

95tzc2.jpg

rsfyv6.jpg
[/img]

Back