breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
Why there's no breezysound in the catalogs?.
Sorry, my english is "made in Spain".

Hola Alex,

The TTE and ATE models are Breezysounds, just as TST and AST models are Springysound / Goldstarsound (depending on date) and LS, TLS and ALS models are Love Rocks.

James

Hello, James.
I'm trying to date my breezysound but cannot
see anyone like mine. It is a natural ash with rosewood fingerboard, the headstock is exactly like the one on the guitars page, the TTE of the 84,non re-shaped. Serial number is 018057 and the bridge is 6 ways. My guitar (second hand) looks like very new and i believed it was 2-3 years old but looking the headstock is like the 84's.
hope you can understand me:)

Alex,
The serial number looks like a recent one. Most of the 80s Fender replicas in the registry start with 1, 2, L1 or L2. The recent ones all seem to start with a 0. My own Breezy is an 80s model, but it doesn't have its original neckplate, so I don't know the serial. The only ash body Breezysound that I can see in the catalogs was the TTE-80 (in the 1985 catalog), but that has a 3-way bridge. Could yours be alder? It sounds like its a recent one, but then if the headstock shape is exactly Fender style that suggests 80s - confusing?! I haven't really looked at the newer models up close so maybe Luis has some more ideas?
James

Thanks James.
A Luthier of spanish guitars said me that the body is ash 100%100. The neck is alder and the fingerboard is rosewood. The original pickguard was in white but the last owner changed it by black one (8 screws?). The headstock is identical as the 84's example in the guitars link, non reshaped, as Fender. Into the hardware says "made in Japan". And she is wonderful.

Luis, no s? tu E-mail, te he mandado un "private message".
Un abrazo.

Hi Alex,

Never heard of necks being made of alder - wierd!

Maybe Peter has some ideas?

James

Hola Alex y Luis y james
Como estas?
I have to concur with James, necks are not made of alder because the wood is too soft and would warp. Maple is used for its strength and brightness. The only drawback with maple is the weight - hence Les Paul bodies are not made from solid maple.
Did you know that Les Pauls with maple necks are unbalanced as opposed to mahogany necks.
regards
Peter

Sorry, the neck is maple. I'll should learn english before write here :smile:

Your English is a lot better than my Spanish Alex!

Well, the headstock shape suggests 80s but the other stuff suggests much later. Just a suggestion but could it be a Tokai neck on a different body? I've heard that Tokai bodies usually have codes stamped on them in the pickup cavities, so it might be worth checking that. Also I think my 80s Breezysound has TOKAI stamped on the bridge plate - does yours?
I think the best thing to do would be to take some detailed pictures of it and send them in to Ned to post on the registry.

James

That,s a good idead James.There is few inputs on the registry lately.Please register your Tokai.

Mine is yet registered in Jan-06-2002. I dont think that it is a Tokay neck in other body. It seems like a complete (?) guitar. There is nothing stamped on the bridge plate, and in the pickup cavities there's no number.

Luis, my Breezysound and Goldstarsound are stored at my parents' house at the moment, but as soon as I can get them I'll register them. I suppose I should get around to registering my ES100J though....

Hola Alex.
Mi esposa es Sudamericana so....
I can read your post in Inglais y Espanol
Peter

On 2002-03-01 11:21, Alex wrote:
Sorry, the neck is maple. I'll should learn english before write here :smile:
[/quote]

Latest posts

Back