Jazz Sound JB45 Project (with pics).

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My explanation is simple - Tokai got their colours wrong. We've seen this before with Goldstars; what Tokai called LB - Lake Placid Blue - is a lighter shade than real LPB. They also did a colour called Metallic Blue which was darker & closer to the real LPB. Crazy huh?

Tokai's version of Sonic Blue is also wrong - my take on the colour is that is was originally closer to Daphne Blue & has aged to close to Foam Green.

This is my 1983 US Fender, & it's definitely LPB. Yours is a gorgeous colour, but it's the wrong shade for LPB, whatever Tokai called it.

a911_1.jpg

Here's a selection from our Leeds get-together, 3 Goldstars & a Bacchus. From left Sonic Blue, a Bacchus in (I think) Ocean Turquoise, then 2 Goldies in Metallic Blue. See what I mean? :lol:

DSC03468-1.jpg

That's a very nice looking set of Strats. In real my Strat looks closer to the Bacchus in the pic, it has quite a green tint to it, but I guess it is actually Lake Placid Blue. Bit disappointing though as I expected to have a matching pair! Not too unhappy though as I got the Strat for a goodish price (?220) and I'll never lose money on it I don't think.

Thanks for the help.

ian.

GrumpyOldMan said:
That's a very nice looking set of Strats.

And not one of them is mine! :(

Look at it this way - you may not have a matching pair but you have a complementary pair. :wink:

Latest posts

Back