Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MATAMP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldflame
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you he made arrangements before travelling. Same deal I guess. Perhaps they just had an off day?
riffpowers
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: matamp Reply with quote

I'm onto my 2nd matamp now,and am getting another soon!!!
They are without a shadow of a doubt the best made best sounding best value best service amps I've ever owned.
The thing you've gotta remember is this-they are a small company-so you can't expect them to knock up an amp on the spot,and they are a working factory,so they are BUSY!!!They have a lot of work on and a waiting list.
Look at it this way-which other amp manufacturer would take the time to let you wander round the factory play as many amps as you like for as long as you like,make you one to spec to order and let you play it before you buy it and STILL change it if you're not happy with it??!!
They are the only manufacturer I would buy from now,I feel cheated buying from other manufacturers now I've seen what goes in to their amps!!
Seriously,you will not find better made better quality amps at better prices with better service than these.
They got 2 5star gold awards in guitarist magazine recently,and well deserved!!
goddardo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I have to say that my experience's of Matamp's Gaffa, Jeff Lewis were of the highest order.

He recovered, serviced & revalved an old Orange OR80 2X12 combo for me a few years back and he bent over backwards to do a great job at a ridiculously low price ?90.00 !!!!!!!!!!

The only drawback is waiting for his undivided attention, as he spends a lot of time with each customer. I waited for an hour, but had a cuppa made while I looked around, but once you collar him, he's the most knowledgeable, colourful character you could meet.
Very clever & obviously proud of his company.
I could have been spending ?3000 for the service I got.

When funds allow, I will be investing in my ultimate lifetime amp & you can bet that I will be making my way to Meltham.

Why should I spend a fortune on Matchless, Marshall Hand wired, Vox etc when the Matamp factory is less than an hour away ?

Simon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: