False Edwards Info On Web

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mrsuspend said:
In Japan it is legal to call an object Made In Japan even if it has been made partly in another country, like China.
This has been made very clear time and again...
:roll:

it's the same here in the UK. One of the guitar magazines (guitarist?) reviewed that adam black libra UK model a few issues back, and it's labelled "made in the UK", yet the neck is made in japan.

greco_burst said:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo... :roll:

Greco-Burst, Could you share your infos about that special run.

marcusnieman said:
sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.

Yes it is important how they play and sound and that they are great guitars. That is not what i am replying to, it pisses me off when an established fact is ridiculed by someone with absolutely nothing to support his argument, now this is probably because he will never prove his point, but at the moment he is trying to keep 2 arguments going {fakai's as well} without one ounce of credibility and just stirring crap for the sake of it...... :roll:

Mick

marcusnieman said:
sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.

That is the most important thing, but since we buy from the internet "how it plays" has been removed from the evaluation process before the sale. Therefore people are going to use other criteria to make a decision, and it will be factors that mean something to them: specs, looks and internet stories...

Like it or not, China is still strongly associated with being a low cost producer, and when that is your guiding principle you wont make the best guitars, or best anything for that matter. However, this would not apply to the ESP factory in China which is a professional outfit controlled by Japan. Still, I would always be wondering about the raw materials from local suppliers that go into the products, they just don't have the legal infrastructure over there yet.

I do not currently own any Edwards guitars but I did have a LPS in TV Yellow & a couple of LPJrs, one in TV Yellow & one in White.

IMO the build quality was excellent :D, the guitars were very light weight 8), and the playability was very nice :D

I can understand both sides of the debate here :wink:

FWIW it seems that the Chinese facility that produces the Edwards guitars has a very high quality control standard, and I assume it is based on the strict standards that the Japanese owners & management have been known for in the MIJ products.

Your Edwards guitars may not be 100% MIJ; Hell they may even be mostly MIC but they sure seem to be some **** fine guitars, none the less :D ................

yes... and i look forward to greco_burst reply about that special Edwards run.
...only 30 made... share that info.

"..whoopee doo... ....only 30 made"

Special K said:
yes... and i look forward to greco_burst reply about that special Edwards run.
...only 30 made... share that info.

"..whoopee doo... ....only 30 made"

The info is old news, use the search button, it has been posted here before.....
Showing your lack of knowledge in Edwards...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back