False Edwards Info On Web

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Edwards LP Special on eBay at the moment.

1326-02.jpg

I bought my Burny from this woman in Japan and the shipping was free. Packing was fantastic. 8) Her name is Yuma.

1326-01.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Edwards-LP-E-LP90LT-Long-N-tenon-Duncan-Japan-Made_W0QQitemZ110494133335QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b9f6ac57

Hey guys. I'm gibiphone who posted the "Edwards, the Whole Story" thread on the "other" site.

If you carefully read that thread you will see that I clearly differentiate facts from opinions. For example, that Edwards are partially made in the PRC is a FACT; that the wood used is SEA plantation-grown mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) is an OPINION/EDUCATED GUESS.

If anyone has specific questions as to how I arrived at the facts, and plainly marked opinions, in that thread, drop me a PM either here or at the other site. I'd be pleased to answer.

gibiphone said:
Hey guys. I'm gibiphone who posted the "Edwards, the Whole Story" thread on the "other" site.

If anyone has specific questions... I'd be pleased to answer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120538564769

138.jpg

so tell us who licked that sticker?

yep.. agree they are pretty pricey ...

Oh well guess it cost a lot to keep the Jixi City wage to gibiphones approval.

Special K said:
gibiphone said:

If anyone has specific questions... I'd be pleased to answer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120538564769

138.jpg

so tell us who licked that sticker?

Ebay description says Made In the USA (??) Gotta be a typo.

I have the same guitar...... no sticker like that (or any kind) in it. First time I've seen one.

Yes I would think its a typo...
should say WARNING"Made In Story Land The Whole Truth.."

next line would read : " Official Information"

Special K said:
Yes I would think its a typo...
should say WARNING"Made In Story Land The Whole Truth.."

next line would read : " Official Information"

Katana's a good ebay seller

Katana's a good ebay seller... yes I agree with you!

My comment was directed to this Holy Than Thou, Story... Truth About... bull sheet http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/43888-edwards-guitars-whole-story-more.htm

In Japan it is legal to call an object Made In Japan even if it has been made partly in another country, like China.
This has been made very clear time and again...
:roll:

mrsuspend said:
In Japan it is legal to call an object Made In Japan even if it has been made partly in another country, like China.
This has been made very clear time and again...
:roll:

I completely understand that. So Edwards are Japan correct?
and Tokai ...well who knows what they are doing. They make guitars for many markets ...
I want Gibi to tell me who licked that sticker in the 138 then I will have the "whole story" .

... :roll: it's like rewinding the same old song over and over again....or a broken record that is stuck....

You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo... :roll:

greco_burst said:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo...
... Ok I thought some members might be interested.

You are just one of these idiots that can't be told a thing Special K. You believe what you want to and we'll know the truth, EDWARDS have been made in China for years and that is a FACT........you are a **** stiring idiot and that also is a fact....Take your bullsh1t elsewhere mate because you don't know a friggin thing. You offer absolutely no proof of anything but continuously speak utter rubbish. You would argue with ESP if they told you that they ARE made in China, because thats where all the relevant information came from on this forum and the MLP. I really want to see a post from you stating some actual credible facts to support your argument , and i can also tell you that that will take a very very long time because you are WRONG.......What is happening to this forum...... :roll:

Mick

Special K said:
greco_burst said:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo...

Excuse me, Made where? Where was that made?

Who cares where it was made, they cost more than a Reborn or used Gibson Historic.

sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back