can you help ..V-shaped super edition..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve

Reaction score
Hi ... I have acquired a guitar and know nothing of. I don't play and need to find if this is something of interest. It is a Tokai Super Edition and the serial number is 200***. it is a V-shaped black finish .. two pick ups and is missing the whammy bar ( think thats what its called.) anyhow any help on value's or interest would be appreciated..

after looking at the pics of super editions and flying Vs this is not either... the shape has a V at the back but has another shape... almost a 3 star shape.... sorry I don't have a pic.... but it has a toggle switch and 2 dials that are knurled with no numbers or markings..and says Tokia Ayers Rocker ... now I am really intriqued....

Not one of these? 1985 Super Edition models:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai856.jpg

I also have a Super Edition but it's a 1986 Jackson style guitar. Great guitar!

Mike

Hey thanks for the call... I have been racking the keys here to try and find something on it. And yes its a F-55AB or 65by the looks of the ad.there is a 65 sticker on the back neck at the top.. its only too bad that I don't play but hopefully I can find a home for it now that I know what it is.... thanks again...Steve you can reach me at [email protected]

Hey Steve,

I would say it's an F-65 BB, as the lightning bolt markers and Ayers Rocker tremelo weren't used on many models.
It is essentially a plain colour version of the F-70 ( the extra 5,000yen being for the sparkle piant)
All other info about it (in english) can be found in the SRV 1985 catalog

regards
Peter mac

Latest posts

Back