• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai Love Rock LS-200 1980...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svedje

Reaction score
I?m heading for new projects and i?m therefore selling out some of my guitars. Probably a well known guitar for most people on the forum.
A Burst that is "creme de la creme" Bought from Villager, in excellent condition...I don?t bother to write a whole story about it but for the seriously interested buyer i?d be willing to really stretch with both every picture requested and a detailed description.

Price: 4000 Euro + 150 Euro for UPS shipping

Guitar is located in Sweden

DSC_0002.jpg

OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stunning. In my opinion, this is the best top I've ever seen on an old Tokai bar none!

at current conversion that would be ~$5,428.80 USD

IMO that's a fair price, and considering her very close cousin that Ed got off YJ in November, that ended @ ~$6,100

wish I were in the market; I would be all over that thing ............

best of luck with the sell :) ; someone is gonna be getting a very rare & very awesome Les Paul

MIJvintage said:

IMO that's a fair price, and considering her very close cousin that Ed got off YJ in November, that ended @ ~$6,100

best of luck with the sell :) ; someone is gonna be getting a very rare & very awesome Les Paul

Well, there was that other one (perhaps not as nice or desirable?) that went for approx $4050 USD...
I'm just trying to give a balanced picture. 8)

IMHO this is the finest top of the three... but how's it's Slash tone? :lol:

Good luck again on the sale.

JVsearch said:
MIJvintage said:

Well, there was that other one (perhaps not as nice or desirable?) that went for approx $4050 USD...

That one had a clown burst finish which we all know is not very popular, the flame was fairly ho hum, and if I recall correctly it was a bit weighty .......... all factors that IMO take away from the overall price ........

MIJvintage said:
JVsearch said:
MIJvintage said:

That one had a clown burst finish which we all know is not very popular, the flame was fairly ho hum, and if I recall correctly it was a bit weighty .......... all factors that IMO take away from the overall price ........

Well, that's quite right, but now people can decide what those things are worth to them more easily. If you're patient and don't mind less flame, little bit of weight and clownburst (I don't) then you may be able to get something cheaper, that's all it is. Clownburst in particular is actually historically interesting, as it links to the image of the Les Paul of the 70's, which is when Tokai started copying them. It really underlines the fact that at the time Tokai's LP was a lot better than what it was copying, I find that quite interesting.

I think most of the non european residents, seem to forget about the 23% import taxes we pay into europe, taking that into account makes a huge difference.. if a 6000 dollar guitar is in europe, its 6000, if its in Japan, or the USA, its nearer 7500, on a high priced guitar this makes a huge difference, and is a big consideration when buying..

Be careful with your pants :)

I have deep respect for that this is a lot of money but it?s still amazing I think that you can buy a vintage guitar of this extraordinaire quality for this amount...it?s less than a historic cut with razorblades and too fresh woods
:)

/Mikael

Latest posts

Back