Is this heaven?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diodibuh

Reaction score
I spent great time today, playing all this guitars and amps ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

we meet with couple of friends to try gear and jam, 5 guitars and 4 amps are mine. wish all of them were mine ;)

I could have quite happily spent a few weeks in that room! So if you could have taken home one amp and one guitar what would they have been?

ufff - a tricky one ;)
only one amp and only one guitar?

hmmm.... amp - TW Express with Pacific transformers and Sylvania tubes

guitar - I think I would still keep my Tokai Reborn old and Fibenare. All guitars were good but those two are just my favourite. And yes, both of them not only one ;)

Diodibuh said:
singemonkey said:
Communism never looked so good. :)

In communism we never had the opportunity to try such gear :cry:

Was it because of communism or abuse of power? :)

Nice gear! Love the amps

Wow! Looks like a cool way to spend a day.

What did you think of the Yamaha SG as compared to the others? I've been gassing for one of them for ages.

This Yamaha is S2000, nice guitar, very well made. But we don't really like pickups. This guitar is heavy, has also brass plate inside and with this pickups sounds way too dark. Owner changed pickups with Lindy's and it was better. But now he put a pair of Fibenare inside and now sounds perfect.
So - great guitar, excllent made but pickups are not my favourite ;)

no, ceriatone. but guy who built it put pacific transformers inside (like in real tw) and sylvania tubes. the other one is built with stock ceriatone parts + slovenian transformers. there is quite big difference in sound, pacific has less noise, better volume response and richer harmonics. but little bit less balls. they both sound great but different. which one is more similar to original tw? no idea, because I didn't have opportunity to try the original

TW is very specific amp. You move one small wire and changes sound ;) Every single thing inside is important. I completelly understand Ken Fisher when said: "... I am the only one it seems that can build and voice my amps so they sound right. I've tried to teach family and friends to build these amps for me, but to no avail. They never sound right."
I just one one my desk to put together but I can't find enough time to start it :-?

and the good news - original Trainwrecks are back!
http://www.trainwreck.com/?page_id=5

Latest posts

Back