New catalog

Place to provide feedback for site improvements.

Moderator: ned

james
Guitar God

Post by james » Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:47 am

Hi Ned,

Good score on the new catalog! Never heard of Gaban guitars before - wonder if they were actually made by Tokai? Is it just a general catalog maybe (I noticed a HiWatt stack in there!)?
Interesting to see that they copied LP Deluxes - although I suppose it was the 70s!
Did a search for Gaban guitars and couldn't really find much, apart from this Japanese dealer's site:

http://www.g-g.co.jp/g-g/index.html

They've got a couple of Gabans (picture doesn't work unfortunatly), a few Tokais, Ibanez, Fernandes, Burnys, Grecos, etc. Its worth a look.

James

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:39 am

It is interesting. I've also got a bunch of acoustic catalogs, still have to post them, that also feed Martin guitars heavily. Not sure if Tokai was manufacturing these for Martin/Gaban or was the importer.

Ned

james
Guitar God

Post by james » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:23 am

I'm guessing its a distributer's catalog, as I'm sure neither Hiwatts or Martins were ever made in Japan. Hiwatts are British, although I think they may be building reissues in the US now. The Swedish guitar company Levin made some guitars for Martin in the 70s but thats about it I think. The Gabans and Hummingbirds look cool though, if not quite as accurate as Tokais. Nice Tokai banjo though!

james
Guitar God

Post by james » Sat Mar 02, 2002 8:27 am