Greco PB700 Super Real

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juni41

Reaction score
Have you ever seen one??? :roll:
There is no way to find photos except from the original Greco catalog.
A very very rare model?
Please link pictures here if you have some. :)

And how will you classify Greco bass in term of quality?

Super Real
Super Sound
Mercury Bass
Electric Bass
Spacy Sound...

Thank!

can't speak for the Super Real stuff but I had two Greco RIC basses & they were as good as RICs IMO :wink:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7245&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thank.
In the meantime I will go for a JB800. 8)
617fu.jpg

Thank.
I get it for only 50000 yens. :D
More pics:
16c5.jpg

261c.jpg

f088.jpg

f796.jpg

Seems to be mint!
Back is gorgeous! :D
What about wood?
I believe it's sen (ash) here right?

MIJvintage said:
can't speak for the Super Real stuff but I had two Greco RIC basses & they were as good as RICs IMO :wink:

I just picked up an '80 Joo Dee Rick copy...can't wait for it! I think those Rick basses are my fave. Not sure if the Joo Dee's had the dual stereo inputs. I know Fernandes did...Greco I think were just mono?

600x4502010012500004.jpg
600x4502010012500006.jpg
600x4502010012500005.jpg

I also have a nice 78 Matsumoku Aria P Bass but uh yeah...sorry to hijack the thread ;)

Yes that's Sen Ash alright, beautiful guitar in mint condition hope you show the chaps over at 21frets

Udonitron said:
MIJvintage said:

I just picked up an '80 Joo Dee Rick copy...can't wait for it! I think those Rick basses are my fave. Not sure if the Joo Dee's had the dual stereo inputs. I know Fernandes did...Greco I think were just mono?

I also have a nice 78 Matsumoku Aria P Bass but uh yeah...sorry to hijack the thread ;)

The Fireglo copy in my link had the proper Stereo Sound that that perfectly replicated the RIC O SOUND, and it also had the dual truss rod :wink:

Greco wasn't just going for a copy when they made that bass; they made it a genuine no holds barred replica

those two basses were actually some of the most impressive instruments I have ever seen with the Greco marquee; the detail is amazing ........

my greco jb800 and tokai jb80, both are top notch jazz bass and really sounds great. nitro finish.

greco jb800 has brazilian rosewood fingerboard i believe.

1013452_10202227505269448_1729007009_n.jpg

Here is my November 1980 (K80xxxx) PB700. Completely original with reverse tuners, aluminum pickgaurd, ...

Got it on yahoo auctions 2 years ago for just ?2700. The description was bad.

Condition is almost like new. Hardly any dings. Just some picking scratches in the paint of the aluminum pick guard. The truss rod was at the end, so the guitar tech took out some of the pick guard, which bothers me a lot. Would have liked to find another solution for the problem.

Well, here it is.

pb700.jpg

Back