I'm a true member today...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singemonkey

Reaction score
Got my LS150. Organised for me by Diamond. After all the talk, all the reading, all the hype, it still exceeded expectations. The shop guy playing it when I walked in looked shattered. "This is the best Les Paul I've ever played," he said.

LS150Casecopy.jpg

It has that airy, acoustic sound like Peter Green or Jimmy Page's LPs. It's so much lighter than my beautiful old hippopotamus of an '83 LP Deluxe.

It's a gem. The stories are all real. These are the best 50s, LP-style guitars for the money - possibly the best overall.

I am one of you today :wink:

It's a beauty!! I agree certainly the best Les Paul out there for anything close on price. Welcome to the club :D

Always nice to have a happy customer. :)

All the best with the guitar, Alan, it's an incredible looking & playing guitar.

If you take some nice photo's please post them, although mine weren't all that bad. :)

Mick51 said:
The only problem with having one is that you want two or three more! :D

I know. I really have to hold back for a bit :)

Diamond said:
If you take some nice photo's please post them, although mine weren't all that bad.

Not at all. GAS inducing... Yeah. I'm going to set up a little shoot sometime soon.

Pegcityrocker said:
Looks great! The perfect color in my opinion. How is the neck on it? Is it the rounded 50's profile?

The neck's a fatty for sure, and has a very round profile. I weirdly find that it's easier to thumb the low E string cleanly on this neck than on any other guitar I've played. And I put that down to the fatter neck.

My Gibson Deluxe's neck is very thin by comparison. I'm quite used to that neck and I like it a lot, but the Tokai's just works great. My necks are now fat (Tokai) thin (LP Deluxe) and very thin (Yamaha Pacifica 904). Bit of adjustment required for each.

To me it looks like mineral streaks but I'm not sure what the difference is between mineral streaks and strongly pronounced grain. It's kind of unique and gives the guitar its own character.

messer said:
singemonkey said:
It's so much lighter than my beautiful old hippopotamus of an '83 LP Deluxe.
How much does it weigh dude?

I'm not sure to be honest. I need to weigh it. But, at least in feel, it's significantly heavier. It's heavy like you want to be sure to keep your back straight for fear of damaging it :D

She is a beaut though:

DSCN5472.jpg

(hope it's ok to post a pic of "the other Les Paul maker"'s product? ;) )

There are touches of those mineral lines along the grain in my Tokai's top. It seems to be common to these plain tops. I looked through a gallery of Gibson R8s and they all have the same thing in varying degrees.

Back