• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Many Many Guitar for sale;-)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The square cutouts in the bottom of the pickup routing (where the pickup height adjustment screws would be positioned) and the absence of a serial number on the back of the headstock would lead me to believe that your beautiful Greco is a Tokai manufactured guitar from the early 1990s. I had a very lovely Greco Clear Sound Project SA59 with no headstock serial number and the same kind of square markings in the pickup cavities. I was told it was a 1991. Mine also had Gotoh pickups, common in Tokai guitars. That pickup cavity routing pattern is typically seen in Tokai manufactured guitars of that era. My understanding is that some of the "higher end" Grecos from that era were contract manufactured by Tokai. Your lemondrop looks "higher end" to me. That top is gorgeous. Is the finish nitro? Any indentifying markings on the pickups?

See picture here:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/a_sturiale/1988%20Burny%20Super%20Grade%20LemonDrop/

I think that is a Burny RLG60 from 1988

Is it solid top or a veener

Also i dont think its RL series its probably FLG and also not 60 its probably higher. Not sure.

Thanks!!!

Kitarist said:
Is it solid top or a veener

Also i dont think its RL series its probably FLG and also not 60 its probably higher. Not sure.

Thanks!!!

Wasn't the FLG's a series in the early 80's? This one is a later model. And the higher models were all flametops. I think the description seems to be correct.
http://www.fernandes.co.jp/others/catalog/1991/082.html

Hi I am italian too, based in Milan.
do you have any MIJ junior les paul for sale?

If you have some you can write me a private message and we can of course talk in italian ;)

ciao
Marco

Latest posts

Back