• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Collection for sale...baby just arrived

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
I am making some room due to the arrival of a brand new baby

Here is what I have for sale or swap:

Fender jap strat in teal blue, backup guitar as new + bag

Fender jap reissue 50s in black, good condition + case

Fender jap tele custom 62 in sunburst, few varnish cracks, sanded neck + bag

Yamaha AES820 Drop6 in Black (great barytone guitar!) as new + deluxe gigbag (RRP ?600 will accept 300 or offer).

Gibson Les Paul Smartwood Peroba, Superb Guitar, VGC in Case.

Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Head + 2x12 marshall cab no reverb

Here is what I would trade for (+ cash adjustment where needed):

Tokai SG Jap in black

Yamaha Les Paul or Tokai Flame top Les Paul Honeyburst, wine red or Tokai Les Paul custom in black

Cheers
Oli

I forgot to mention I am in the UK near Peterborough and you're welcome to come and view/try the guitars. I can also send you some pictures.

Oli

Hi Oli

Do either of your Jap strats have a maple fingerboard?

I haven't got anything for a so swap would you consider selling?

You can email me at [email protected] if you don't want to post prices on the forum.

Cheers

Daz

Dazzle said:
Hi Oli

Do either of your Jap strats have a maple fingerboard?

I haven't got anything for a so swap would you consider selling?

You can email me at [email protected] if you don't want to post prices on the forum.

Cheers

Daz

Daz, the 50's reissue should have a maple one piece neck, there were no strats with rosewood fingerboards in the 50's.

Mike

Correct...the 50's has the traditional maple V neck and 50's headstock. The blue strat has a more modern maple thin C shape and satin finish as the US series but still has a vintage style trem which I prefer to the 2 point style.

Oli

:eek: 1958 was the first year for the rosewood cap, I have a friend with a Fender Custom Shop 58' with rosewood slab and a 3 layer pickgaurd :wink: TG

Sorry guys, forgot about 1959! Was it really possible to get a rosewood fingerboard in '58?:

"Mid 1959 Statocaster specs (http://www.provide.net/~cfh/):
* Slab Rosewood fingerboard with white "clay" position dots and 7.25" finger board radius. Bottom of fingerboard (part glued to maple) is flat. This change was implemented for the summer 1959 NAMM show. Basically Strats 7/59 and later will have rosewood fingerboards."

Mike

Hi Ned,

It's nothing to rave about. Just a Korean love rock with a lovely cherry burst flame style top (the pictures do not do it justice). The condition is immaculate and I have to say I'm quite impressed with this lil' guitar. While the woods are quite common, the finish and the neck are superb. We're million miles away from the 90's epiphones. A bizarre thing is that it has no serial number and the guy bought it three month ago.

Two things are below par:

1 - the nut (sucks big time).

2 - the pickups lack definition which can be irritating on a lester but the overall sound is good and right in the LP ballpark.

To sum it up it's a utterly playable guitar that you can upgrade for little $. I look forward to A/B it against a jap, but I think I'll keep it as a backup.

As regards pickup I felt the same about my Korean 335 but now she's got a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers and rocks. :D

No serial number indicates its a pre-2003 model. Could have been new old stock.

Ned

Back