Goldstar Strat body wood?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisjb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have several guitars and recently re-started playing my Tokai Goldstar Strat. It's a great copy of a vintage Fender, but because it's a black/yellow/red airbrush I can't make out the timber of the body clearly. The serial no. on neck plate is: 19383. I bought it secondhand about 18 years ago ( with a tweed case....)

Are all bodies from this era..... Ash? Alder?

many thanks
chris

Sorry about the short post I had to work late last night.

The Goldstars are exact copies of Fender Strats. Check the main site (www.tokairegistry.com) for which models are being copies. But... they will have the same body wood that the original Strats used at the time which is typically alder.

Ned

ned said:
Sorry about the short post I had to work late last night.

The Goldstars are exact copies of Fender Strats. Check the main site (www.tokairegistry.com) for which models are being copies. But... they will have the same body wood that the original Strats used at the time which is typically alder.

Ned

Ned, I appreciate the response...

Now I don't have a lot of experience with Fenders but this guitar is great!

So how do the 'Goldstars' compare with a real vintage Strat? How do they compare with a modern USA strat? Do USA Fenders also have, what I assume, are bone nuts?

Latest posts

Back