7okai ss-36 and ss-48 pickups?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
Hello gents,
Just a quickie of a question!
Was the pups in a silverstar ss-36/38,The same as the pups in a ss-48.
Also did any silver star pups have black outer core with 2 strands inside.

It is so confusing to id these tokai stratocaster pups ,if they are unstamped ,The colour of the wire seems to be the only other way?
I think it is about time the registry updated it section on tokai FENDER stratocasters,not very much information on it unlike the gibson section.Just a thought,

MOJO HOBO

My SS-48 pickups have one black and one blue wire. They have very slightly staggered poles.
I don't understand your question about the black outer core with two strands?

/Magnus

Hello mr suspend,
yes,I am trying to be a little diplomatic here,I was searching google for info on silver stars ,and came across old auction for a ss-36 ,The sellers photos showed these pickups on the underside of the pickguard.

P1320429-1.jpg

P1320430-1.jpg

Now as far i as i know with my limited knowledge of ss pups they should be wired with single core wire ,blue-black.These are are not?

Hope this helps ,with what i am asking LOL

MOJO HOBO

RE:I have looked at zillions of posts here,there and every where,never seen silver star pups wired with this type of wiring,To me the pups look like real tokai black bottom pups,Peter mac said there was 3 types of wiring ,each determine and id what pup it is ?
I am getting confused ,I have a habit of misreading and misinterperting certain facts and come to my own conclusion, he he LOL

MOJO HOBO

Thanks magnus,
So are you saying that these maybe are not the real deal!

The silver star in the auction i have no knowledge about ,i never brought it or really care who did?I just want to clarify if tokai ever wired silver star pups this way with this wire.

MOJO HOBO

I'd be suspicious of an SS pickup without two visible wires. But I don't dare be that certain, as we all know Tokai is a company of surprises!
Did you see this thread?
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11945

Ok.DI MARZIOS were introduced by tokai on their silver stars in 1982,Only the ss-80 only had them,black bobbins!MMMH ! they were wired with single core .

Were they unstamped ?

MOJO HOBO

THANKS FOR THE LINK MAGNUS,So They were unstamped is my guess,YEAH! this MIJ detective work gives my brain a real work out,who needs suduko ,when you can buy a made in japan guitar and spend hours and days investigating.
SHERLOCK HOLMES WOULD STRUGGLE!

MOJO HOBO

Latest posts

Back