Tokai LS100 or LS50 please help, educated minds out there?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank888

Reaction score
This has recently come into my small collection and despite all the great information held here ,I still fail to know what era this is from '70'80'90's .best i can tell is a 58 standard replica of a ls 100 or ls 50?????After some more research the approx purchase year was 1979 from Japan. It plays like a dream and i know that i have been very fortunate to come across such a guitar which has come to me from the musical side of the family -I don't think i got the Gene but i still try!!-. I do NOT want to sell it unless i knew that it was going to a home worthy of its sound.
As the sound it sings is out of this world compared to the guitars i have and play. I would really love to know and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

I'm sure this will be good food for thought for you all

I have learnt allot from this site and to you all that have donated there knowledge here,
Many thanks and kind regards to you all. Frank Bates[/img]

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=511954922&albumId=706572

frank888 said:
After some more research the approx purchase year was 1979 from Japan. It plays like a dream and i know that i have been very fortunate to come across such a guitar which has come to me from the musical side of the family

I think not, sadly. Does your family have connections with Canada?

Mike

stratman323 said:
frank888 said:
After some more research the approx purchase year was 1979 from Japan. It plays like a dream and i know that i have been very fortunate to come across such a guitar which has come to me from the musical side of the family

I think not, sadly. Does your family have connections with Canada?

Mike

More like China... it's a sad world indeed that would permit a product like that to be built. :cry:

So who out there would like to see it burnt on Utube . I refuse to promote a copy of a copy as it seems to be so let it BURN BABY.
So who wants to see it Burn is my next question.

It does play like a dream ,Ive had a friend round that can play brillantely and it was out of this world
This does leave me really confused...........
so 1 vote no then cheers bud.

frank888 said:
So who out there would like to see it burnt on Utube . I refuse to promote a copy of a copy as it seems to be so let it BURN BABY.

If everyone had that attitude, there wouldn't be any 'real' Tokais either :wink: As mike says, if it's a good guitar, just enjoy it!

JohnA said:
frank888 said:

... As mike says, if it's a good guitar, just enjoy it!

Use it as a beater or modifications/DIY guinea pig?
It 'aint your fault - no harm in getting some use out it. Put a sticker over the logo if it bothers you, and hammer that *****!

Back