Ishibashi EG1000C in White

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's now a note at Ishibashi U-box website, that starting from Monday, they (temporarily?) stop taking orders through U-box and suggest international customers to use ebay shop. I hope that this really is temporary thing while making the improvements on the U-box system.

krall said:
Mick51 said:
Whoa! Super-58 p/ups with a "Z" stamp? That might answer some questions; or, start some..

Could it be he's mistaken and that they're in fact DRY Z's?

Nope, the backs are stamped - embossed - "Super-58". The holes in the backplate under the slugs throws me, as do the plastic coated leads. Although, for a semi-hollow body, the leads might make sense.

I don't have nearly enough experience to say with any certainty what is real, and what isn't, on these p/ups. Just observing.

MIJvintage said:
Several months ago I was fortunate to buy a Greco MSV-850, complete with original DryZ pups, for less than half the cost of what this Custom ended at :D :D :D
I remember this.
Since I look at every MSV listing on ebay! XD
It's a good way to get Dry Z lol.

Aren't Dry Z and Super 58 both made by Maxon?

Some folks have speculated that the Dry Zs and Super 58s that were both made by Maxon in the late 1970s to early 1980s are the same pickups. To my knowledge, no absolute proof has ever been presented to confirm this. If ever proved...... well, we all know what will happen to the price of Super 58s. I've got one stashed. I believe it's the two-lead version that are the ones to covet, but I could be wrong.

From the Ibanez Collectors forum:
======
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 11:07 am:
Zoran / John,
I presently own 3 -Ibanez Lee Ritenour LR-10 semi-hollow guitars. I enjoy playing them. LR-10's are fairly light in weight and handle and feel very nice. They have a different tone than an AS200/AM200. I believe the tone is a little brighter but not thin. I have used mine on Blues Gigs and have been well pleased. The amount of Flame on the Tops & Backs vary greatly from guitar to guitar. The LR-10 pickups have the letter "Z" stamped on the bottom.
===========

So where is the "Z" on this Super 58 ??????

[img
Bi15qIQWkKGrHqYOKjoEsmq8HEwCBLQ9dz7.jpg

My understanding is it was the "LR10" Super58s that have the Z stamp, from the Lee Ritenour guitar...

CliffsComicWorld said:
So where is the "Z" on this Super 58 ??????

[img
Bi15qIQWkKGrHqYOKjoEsmq8HEwCBLQ9dz7.jpg

atha said:
There's now a note at Ishibashi U-box website, that starting from Monday, they (temporarily?) stop taking orders through U-box and suggest international customers to use ebay shop. I hope that this really is temporary thing while making the improvements on the U-box system.

Not if they realise they will get more money selling their things on Ebay :wink:

If that is the case then.... can you blame anyone from making more money?.... We all know the famous Jerry Mcguire saying...
"Show me the Money"

MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:
Here is pics of the rare SS800 triple PU-2 that recently sold on yahoo for 80,000 yen end price, with original case (with graffiti on the outside),
It is a 1981 super real with split diamond inlay, the serial number I am sure from memory was D81xxxx (which would be April 81)

Who was sensible enough to quickly buy it? congratulations!

That is one fine SG; wish I would have been the buyer :( ................

This is hotter and pretty much the same price (based on shipping and import tax on the Greco)
SGCust.jpg

Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:
Here is pics of the rare SS800 triple PU-2 that recently sold on yahoo for 80,000 yen end price, with original case (with graffiti on the outside),
It is a 1981 super real with split diamond inlay, the serial number I am sure from memory was D81xxxx (which would be April 81)

This is hotter and pretty much the same price (based on shipping and import tax on the Greco)
SGCust.jpg

where is this one?

3pupLPC said:
Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:

where is this one?

Safe and taken care of :wink:

Koubayashi said:
3pupLPC said:
Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:

where is this one?

Safe and taken care of :wink:

aaaahhh....... gotcha :oops:

Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:

SGCust.jpg

Now that is NICE!!!!

Udonitron said:
Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
greco_burst said:

Now that is NICE!!!!

The choice was the Greco SS800, pay expensive import tax and long wait or add just about 100? and get this one straight away :D

Back