Ishibashi EG1000C in White

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-GRECO-Super-Real-EG1000-Les-Paul-Custom-style_W0QQitemZ280450826462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item414c2c00de

I don't believe I've ever run across one of these mentioned or pictured in white before. Aside from the color not being listed in catalogues from that era, it seems like a really nice example of a 1981, but with the more desirable split diamond headstock logo usually found on an '80. I'm guessing (hoping) Greco extended tenon joint. Those Dry Z sure look nice too. So does the ebony board. No mention of MOP inlays and can't tell from the pics, but I would also guess MOP. Too bad it's over 10lbs., but that's just my preference.

Very nice. The black EGC1000 I used to own was right at 10.5 pounds.

I am seriously thinking to buy it.
Take the pups and sell them seperately.
Mount Duncans or something in the guitar and sell it for 5-600?
I could easily make a couple of hundreds of ? that way... :D

Hmmmmmm

Koubayashi said:

Hmmmmmm

I hope you wouldn't chop and part out a 1961 Corvette..

I bought the 1980 EGC1000 that Ryan mentioned. Would make a nice pair, wouldn't it?

Mick51 said:
Koubayashi said:

Hmmmmmm

I hope you wouldn't chop and part out a 1961 Corvette..

I bought the 1980 EGC1000 that Ryan mentioned. Would make a nice pair, wouldn't it?

If I had a reason I would do it.
Why not?

Well they are listing guitars on ebay now and not putting them on the Used guitar page on their website. Which is still up and has tons more guitars than on ebay.

I suppose they are just auctioning the ones they think foreigners will start a bidding war over.

They have sold bunch of used gear outside u_box even before this ebay shop - and still are, in the /store -section of the webpage.

http://1484.bz/c/?part=&p=&type=&word=USED&r=1

atha said:
They have sold bunch of used gear outside u_box even before this ebay shop - and still are, in the /store -section of the webpage.

http://1484.bz/c/?part=&p=&type=&word=USED&r=1

I know, but what I'm saying is that super real is only on ebay and not on the web site.

It used to be a guitar like that would come up on the Ubox and if you were fast you could get a good deal. That's why I liked ishibashi. there prices are fair. Not great not bad, but fair. And the starting price for that one right now is fair.

I don't begrudge them the right to make what they can off the guitars they have but it was nice having a place that was charging a fair price for their guitars and not trying to suck every last dollar out of them. Oh well. Just have to find them other places.

Super Real's don't have the long tenon. Not until Mint Collection.

CliffsComicWorld said:
What's with the no long neck tenon?

or am I missing it in the photo?

This is a Super Real...... Right?

Which is sad.
Cause long-tenon makes the neck more stable and the contact area between neck and body larger, which is better for the sustain and tone.

My 1980 Tokai LS-80, which doesn't have the long tenon, has endless sustain. It's almost annoying.

It's obviously a combination of a lot of factors...anyone who thinks their guitar is going to be amazing cause it has a long neck tenon is deluding themselves. Resonance of the body itself is about a billion times more important than the tenon.

At the same time simple physics should probably tell us that lots of wood to wood contact will be better for transferring string vibrations to the body, so a good strong neck join is obviously important.

Small things like tenons and finishes all add up but if you don't have a nice resonant piece of wood to begin with the longest tenon and the thinnest nitro aren't going to mean......

Koubayashi said:
CliffsComicWorld said:
What's with the no long neck tenon?

or am I missing it in the photo?

This is a Super Real...... Right?

Which is sad.
Cause long-tenon makes the neck more stable and the contact area between neck and body larger, which is better for the sustain and tone.

the whole long neck tenon thing started because Gibson were using a rocker joint on the LP standards, this was to make setting the neck angle easier, this is obviously less favourable than the long tenon, non rocker joint used in the historics and the originals, as with a rocker the wood to wood contact is minimal... so for gibsons, long tennon = good contact, rocker joint (with a normal tenon length) = poor contact.

this comparison is now being mistakenly made with ALL normal tenon guitars, without rocker joints, the original arguement has some substance as the difference in contact is large, however it doesn't really apply to the Japanese guitars with normal tenons, as none of these are rocker joints.. the wood to wood contact in a non-rocker, normal tenon guitar is very solid and only marginally less in surface area than a long tenon, but in my view that really makes no difference tonally..

this is a typical example of an original valid point being widely repeated and incorrectly applied outside the original comparison, which has led to the general belief that any long tenon is tonally ''better'' than all normal tenons.. which is absurd.

Back