Orville prices and values......

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
Just a little observation,but over the last 5 -6 weeks and looking at various japanese sites and here ,the prices of orvilles seems to be rising as fast as x-factor winners with no talent :lol:
While OBGs seems to be staying the same,Has anyone else noticed this or am i just imagining it .

IS THERE A TREND!

MOJO HOBO

Yeah I have notice quite a few orvilles priced at 70,000 to 90,000 in the last few weeks I put it down to opertunists trying there luck
I hope it is not a trend

YES ,that is what i am talking about,average prices of 70,000+
The japanese web sites are leading the trend yes,but seen some ridiculous prices on e-bay.com as well.
glad some else has spotted it as well?

I brought this orville 2 months ago for 19,500 yen.The top has been stripped and a matt lacquer applied, a bargain,1994 fujigen ,it is a great guitar.
P1010008.jpg

P1010044-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

MOJO HOBO

MOJO HOBO

thats a good price you got i paid around the same 4 months ago for a custom with a pick up missing

So Mojo I gotta ask. Did stripping the poly off and applying a thinner lacquer make a difference?

And yeah the prices are stupid. I remember some dude a while back on yahoo japan kept trying to sell his orville for over a hundred grand. Thankfully no stupid westerners bit. But really the japanese are all thinking they can get inflated prices from us.

I go to Japan every once in a while and for every time I go the prices are a bit higher in the shops. Saw a couple of Greco 850-1000 (SR EGF) and they were priced between 120000 and 170000. Its just the way it goes.
Prices will go up if more people are interested. Its the fundamental principle of the free market.
The more Japanese people who takes an interest in this the higher the prices will be. And remember, they never have to pay expensice fees to Rinkaya, shipping or import tax!

If you can't afford or think it is too expensive: then don't buy!
Its your free choice as a consumer!

Koubayashi said:
I go to Japan every once in a while and for every time I go the prices are a bit higher in the shops. Saw a couple of Greco 850-1000 (SR EGF) and they were priced between 120000 and 170000.

$2000 for an 850, that seems like collector prices! :lol:

Koubayashi said:
Prices will go up if more people are interested. Its the fundamental principle of the free market.

You've, er, changed your tune a bit! :D

JVsearch said:
Koubayashi said:
I go to Japan every once in a while and for every time I go the prices are a bit higher in the shops. Saw a couple of Greco 850-1000 (SR EGF) and they were priced between 120000 and 170000.

$2000 for an 850, that seems like collector prices! :lol:

Koubayashi said:

You've, er, changed your tune a bit! :D

Shops in Tokyo are expensive.
I saw regular Mint Collection plain tops and they where priced at 79000yen.
Orville around there as well.

I don't change my tune.
If I find a guitar too expensive I don't buy it.
Sellers are free to price their guitars and buyers will buy if they find it reasonable.
But yes, the prices are too high in my opinion.
I still prefer to loot the flea markets and the recycle stores far out on the country side :D

Latest posts

Back