Super Real JazzMaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juni41 said:
Something really rare...
I know some people here wanted one.
Enjoy.

I kind of want it....at least the collector in me wants it.
I have two Fender JV Jazzmasters so I will not cry even though it would be cool to have a Greco JM...
Maybe a good price but I am not prepared to pay that money for a Greco JM.

I was the lucky winner. :)

I love Jazzmasters, and I love vintage/rare Grecos, so this guitar is a "holy grail" for me. I own another Super Real Jazzmaster, in surf green with tortoise pickguard, and it's a really nice guitar. I'm looking forward to comparing the two!

bagadix said:
I own another Super Real Jazzmaster, in surf green with tortoise pickguard, and it's a really nice guitar.

how does it compare to vintage jazzmasters? or fender mij/cij for that matter?

I'd love to see some nice pics if those two side by side.......any possibility?

I haven't had much time to A/B these guitars. But both are excellent instruments with great tone. They are definitely on par with the Jazzmasters I've owned previously - a vintage 1963, and a CIJ with AVRI pickups.

What I like most about the Super Reals is that they both have fairly chunky, soft V necks. And now that they're 30 years old, they have a terrific vintage vibe and feel. Interestingly, the surf green guitar is just under 9 pounds, and the CAR is just under 8 pounds.

Jazzmaster pickups are different from P-90s, so the pickups can't be hot licks. But I'm not sure what they are, as there is so little information on Greco Jazzmasters. If anyone here knows, I'd be interested to find out.

Very Nice!! And I would know as I was once the owner of the Lime Green JM700 :) I regret selling that one but as I recall I got a very good price for it 8) . That's the only one I've ever seen in that color and it's the one featured on the cover of Japan Vintage VOL2. Super rare guitar!
I had one other JM700 that I sold to a friend. It was a 3-tone sunburst. I've not seen another one of those either.

Glad you're enjoying it. I loved the neck on that one.

Very cool - thanks for checking in. I was aware that the green JM-700 was the "cover girl" on the Greco issue of Japan Vintage. But I didn't know that they also made them in 3-tone sunburst. I've seen the JG-700 Jaguar in that color combo, though. I see Super Real Jaguars come up for sale from time to time, but the only two Jazzmasters I've even seen are the two that I own. :D

Speaking of Greco Jaguar, there is actually one on yahoo...

Pretty expensive...
Moreover it's not a Super Real...

Latest posts

Back