Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Site Look

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: New Site Look Reply with quote

I'm actually working on the new site look and feel. Please take a peak and provide some real time feedback. I'll check back here ever 30 minutes or so.

I've started moving code onto the main server and should get the rest done tomorrow morning. Please check it out and provide feedback:
http://www.tokairegistry.com

Please remember that I'm still working so some of the functionality (like images) may not be their. I'm am close to copying it over to the regular domain.

Ned
Porsche 911 Racing
ArthurS
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

Looks great, Ned! I do have one suggestion for the lay-out, though. The way the text-ads are now integrated in the page doesn't really separate them from the rest from the content - there is usually no white line between the end of content and the beginning of the ad, so it looks kind of 'cramped'. Here's a picture of what I mean:

I think it would look better if the ads would be separated more from the content by giving them some 'vspace'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more site changes coming (on TokaiRegistry.com) and I know some of you are waiting patiently. Over the next 2 weeks I should be implementing the changes. I could work on it tonight but the urge to jam is just to great. So I'm going to shut up and play my guitar.

Ned
Porsche 911 Racing
Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ned, I love this site and would like to see a re-formatting and reorganization of the actual "registry" part. It's valuable information, but it's kind of a shambles and way too difficult to wade through. Perhaps listing guitars by their year of manufacture or serial number or something. I know thats difficult too, because not every owner has that info. Hopefully you have some creative ideas up your sleeve!
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that is tomorrows project. I was planning on listing by Copy then Model for the ones that are known.

Example:

Gibson LS50

Gibson LS75

Fender Silver Star
Fender Goldstar Sound

Etc.

Will probably leave the Gibson/Fender parts off and have them at the top of each page. Will also break out each section onto it's own page.
Porsche 911 Racing
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to start restructuring the Registry on the main site and was thinking... do we really need all the information that the Registry currently holds or would a much smaller set of specs work.

For instance can we get away with the following: Serial Number, Model, Copy of, Country (MIJ/MIK), color, new/used, Purchase Date and notes (great place for body cavity markings & inked vs. stamped serial numbers).

Thoughts.

[EDIT]

Made changes to the Registry. Should be easier to filter on what guitars you want to search for. Also, made changes to the input screens that should help keep the database tidy.

Ned
Porsche 911 Racing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: