Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whatever happened to Sushiguy/tokaijoe ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
labbi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In DK which so happens to be my country of origin, a Tokai USG 175 (1 piece body etc.) goes for more than 2000 euro in the shops (actually there is just 1 shop that sells Tokai i Copenhagen, but it?s a very nice shop btw- just f......
expensive.
Is that a cool price ?

Or maybe I?m just a cousin of mr Scrooge..
youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that price is a ripoff compared to Kurosawagakki for example, but who are we to say what someone should charge for what is a very rare (in Denmark) specialty item? It is up to the buyer to do their research and determine for themselves if they are being ripped off or not.

By the way, I spent a long weekend in Copenhagen a few years ago and loved it, but found most things there to be very expensive.
mrsuspend
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Sweden prices are high but sometimes completely random as seen on www.nysse.com. Nysses' prices are quite reasonable here! ( 1 SEK=13c/8p, top left link leads to the guitars)
BTW, as long as there is a unregulated market sellers are free to set any prices they wish. If noone is buying they'll have to lower them.
Naturally, it's every buyer's right to find exorbitant prices offensive but the best way to show it is simply not to buy the guitar!

Happy New Year!

/Magnus
(If anyone's on ?land on March 13 we'll be playing at Bastun in Mariehamn to start off our touring year. I'll be playing a Tokai Silver Star and a Greco Les Paul)
Diamond
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year to you all.

And, a special Happy New Year to Joe....hope to see you back here as soon as possible.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to Joe this morning.....he sends his love....

Mick
labbi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youami wrote:
Yeah, that price is a ripoff compared to Kurosawagakki for example, but who are we to say what someone should charge for what is a very rare (in Denmark) specialty item? It is up to the buyer to do their research and determine for themselves if they are being ripped off or not.

By the way, I spent a long weekend in Copenhagen a few years ago and loved it, but found most things there to be very expensive.

No, I?m not saying they shouldn?t rip off people, but to me it makes sence to try out a guitar before I buy it.. Thats why I drove all the way down to Germany last year to pick up mine. It was my first one, and knowing what I know today I wouldn?t do that again.. Even Togps is a nice chap and the beer is great down there btw. Southern Germany is a very nice place, I can highly recommend it to everyone.

Yes Copenhagen is expensive and nice especially during spring and summer, and the ladies are very beautifull and they wear the nicest outfits during springtime !
9 out of 10 going to DK does so because of the women, not Tokai guitars..
Which is stupid, because Tokais are very cheap and low maintenance.
Ahh well, just kiddin, no comparison possible I guess.

stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we getting slightly off the point here?

bazz
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course we are...... it is the Tokai forum HAPPY NEW YEAR
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

labbi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Are we getting slightly off the point here?

Hmmm..Yes..sorry.. My mind is a bit clouded from all the liquid I poured in during the night..
ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsuspend wrote:
BTW, as long as there is a unregulated market sellers are free to set any prices they wish

... and customers have the right to find out if prices are inflated or not, which is the point here. Tokai Joe sometimes warned of unfair prices or wrong model numbers in offers.

As stated before, bad words and flameups are totally out of place but it was not a bad thing to have somebody on the know warning about these things.
labbi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganzua wrote:
mrsuspend wrote:
BTW, as long as there is a unregulated market sellers are free to set any prices they wish

... and customers have the right to find out if prices are inflated or not, which is the point here. Tokai Joe sometimes warned of unfair prices or wrong model numbers in offers.

As stated before, bad words and flameups are totally out of place but it was not a bad thing to have somebody on the know warning about these things.

+1
I believe thats the point of this thread.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest,I was never sure if the discussions between Joe and other members were serious.No I know...sad story,because I often had tears of joy in my eyes when he went totally mad
Of course he went out of control and too harsh to other members but I would like to have him back,after changing his tone a little
I hope Joe is fine and I have to thank him for the nice word"moron" which I never heard before,here in Germany
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will not be back, end of story.
Porsche 911 Racing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: