whatever happened to Sushiguy/tokaijoe ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
marcusnieman said:
There were several bombastic posts that really crossed the line in my most humble opinion. Joe is a very informative, colorful and opinionated individual....... but some of the flameups I'd read were even a little harsh for me to stomach.

Ok and I'm not defending quarrels or I'm against the offended parties but time has passed since then and he is a member, a ban don't need to be forever.

Besides, there is the fact that lovers do fight :lol: I'm pretty sure that a lot of those fights were just lover spats.

stratman323 said:
he seemed to have a strange vendetta against certain "dealers" here on the forum, which he sometimes expressed rather forcefully. I could never make sense of it

I don't know in the UK but here there are a lot of scams with Tokais and a lot of Tokais with over-inflated prices. I can make some sense of it.

I get angry too whenever I travel abroad and watch some shop or some restaurant selling products of my country that are not real or are low quality or are just a price scam.

ganzua said:
I don't know in the UK but here there are a lot of scams with Tokais and a lot of Tokais with over-inflated prices. I can make some sense of it.

I get angry too whenever I travel abroad and watch some shop or some restaurant selling products of my country that are not real or are low quality or are just a price scam.

Is somebody in Japan (or Stockton, California) qualified to decide what is or isn't a price scam in, for example, Europe?

ganzua said:
Ok and I'm not defending quarrels or I'm against the offended parties but time has passed since then and he is a member, a ban don't need to be forever.

Fair point.

stratman323 said:
Is somebody in Japan (or Stockton, California) qualified to decide what is or isn't a price scam in, for example, Europe?

Yeah, but think about it, whenever you travel abroad and you see some over-priced british product, what do you think?

Let's say that you go to Belgium, you enter in a pub, you ask for a paint of Bass and the bartender says; 20 pounds. :lol: What do you think? Where are the scales? or do you think about inserting the paint into the batender's glory spot?

Maybe starting a fight is not the way of solving any problem and I totally agree with that but there is some reason to get angry somehow, I don't know.

ganzua said:
Yeah, but think about it, whenever you travel abroad and you see some over-priced british product, what do you think?

I think "I'm in an expensive country" or "Boy, they sure rip off us tourists in this country!" Last time I was in Paris, I recall everything being expensive, wherever it originally came from!

But I wouldn't criticise the individual shop keeper for the fact that he/she runs a shop in an expensive country.

stratman323 said:
I think "I'm in an expensive country" or "Boy, they sure rip off us tourists in this country!" Last time I was in Paris, I recall everything being expensive, wherever it originally came from!

But I wouldn't criticise the individual shop keeper for the fact that he/she runs a shop in an expensive country.

but with some products like Tokais what happens is that are mega-over-priced in a lot of countries, even if the country itself is expensive or not.

Some deal attempts that we have seen here were not fair, or at least enough reason to start some argument. Of course flameups and bad words are out of place and not needed at all.

ganzua said:
but with some products like Tokais what happens is that are mega-over-priced in a lot of countries, even if the country itself is expensive or not.

Caveat emptor.

:wink:

ganzua said:
stratman323 said:

Buddy I tell you, when I first came to Korea, you could walk into any bar and get a Budweiser for about $2. When I found a bar that had Molson Canadian for $8, it hurt but my reaction? - ahhhhhhhhh

Anything is worth what the customer is willing to pay. If customers won't pay it, the suppliers will be forced to lower prices or stop carrying the product.

Jason

P.S. Molson Canadian is now longer available here! ha (see above comment :cry: )

Big Willie Style said:
ganzua said:
stratman323 said:

Buddy I tell you, when I first came to Korea, you could walk into any bar and get a Budweiser for about $2. When I found a bar that had Molson Canadian for $8, it hurt but my reaction? - ahhhhhhhhh

Anything is worth what the customer is willing to pay. If customers won't pay it, the suppliers will be forced to lower prices or stop carrying the product.

Jason

P.S. Molson Canadian is now longer available here! ha (see above comment :cry: )

Hello MR Big Willy

Guitars and beer is not the same even they do go well together depending on the circumstances.
Travelling abroad, for sure I wouldn?t walk into a foreign shop and buy a Tokai four times the price of my old one just because I missed it.. That would be stupid, or I would have too much money and it would still be stupid.

Happy New Year to you btw ;)

stratman323 said:
ganzua said:

Caveat emptor.

:wink:

Many guitarplayers spent their money like 12 year old girls..
They would easily be convinced that any special colour or any other superficial phenomena concerning their next purchase would justify a totally unreasonable amount of money to be spent, and probably what they hear is only the difference it makes in their minds, which in itself is a totally cool reason btw.
The mind can move mountains, but sometimes scams are so evident that even the most hardened scam artist have to bow down to basic human
moral behaviour.
Afterall, they are not drugdealers ! :)
Or maybe I am wrong ?
Maybe they ARE drugdealers..
Maybe we are drugaddicts ?

:eek:

In DK which so happens to be my country of origin, a Tokai USG 175 (1 piece body etc.) goes for more than 2000 euro in the shops (actually there is just 1 shop that sells Tokai i Copenhagen, but it?s a very nice shop btw- just f......
expensive.
Is that a cool price ?
:eek:
Or maybe I?m just a cousin of mr Scrooge..

Yeah, that price is a ripoff compared to Kurosawagakki for example, but who are we to say what someone should charge for what is a very rare (in Denmark) specialty item? It is up to the buyer to do their research and determine for themselves if they are being ripped off or not.

By the way, I spent a long weekend in Copenhagen a few years ago and loved it, but found most things there to be very expensive. :D

In Sweden prices are high but sometimes completely random as seen on www.nysse.com. Nysses' prices are quite reasonable here! ( 1 SEK=13c/8p, top left link leads to the guitars)
BTW, as long as there is a unregulated market sellers are free to set any prices they wish. If noone is buying they'll have to lower them.
Naturally, it's every buyer's right to find exorbitant prices offensive but the best way to show it is simply not to buy the guitar!

Happy New Year! :D

/Magnus
(If anyone's on ?land on March 13 we'll be playing at Bastun in Mariehamn to start off our touring year. I'll be playing a Tokai Silver Star and a Greco Les Paul)

Happy New Year to you all.

And, a special Happy New Year to Joe....hope to see you back here as soon as possible.

youami said:
Yeah, that price is a ripoff compared to Kurosawagakki for example, but who are we to say what someone should charge for what is a very rare (in Denmark) specialty item? It is up to the buyer to do their research and determine for themselves if they are being ripped off or not.

By the way, I spent a long weekend in Copenhagen a few years ago and loved it, but found most things there to be very expensive. :D

No, I?m not saying they shouldn?t rip off people, but to me it makes sence to try out a guitar before I buy it.. Thats why I drove all the way down to Germany last year to pick up mine. It was my first one, and knowing what I know today I wouldn?t do that again.. Even Togps is a nice chap and the beer is great down there btw. Southern Germany is a very nice place, I can highly recommend it to everyone.

Yes Copenhagen is expensive and nice especially during spring and summer, and the ladies are very beautifull and they wear the nicest outfits during springtime !
9 out of 10 going to DK does so because of the women, not Tokai guitars..
Which is stupid, because Tokais are very cheap and low maintenance.
Ahh well, just kiddin, no comparison possible I guess.

:lol:

stratman323 said:
Are we getting slightly off the point here?

:-?

Hmmm..Yes..sorry.. My mind is a bit clouded from all the liquid I poured in during the night.. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back