• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Love Rock for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickyboy

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a newie here and I don't know much about your site. So far it rocks, as does my Tokai... Anyway, time to part with it as it's (shamefully) not been out of its case for a while. It's black with a silver pickguard and pickup surrounds. A little wear to the back, but other than that it's pretty cool. Original case.

Anybody interested? I'm in the UK and looking for about ?450. More details on request. Let me know.
Mick

Hi Barry. Not entirely sure how old: early/mid eighties I think, serial number 4023160

All original I think. Tuners are no-name chrome kidney buttons - look original, pickup surrounds are plastic, chrome covered but the chrome is peeling off. Knobs look original too - not like the Gibson ones, black with tiny sans serif capital font. No pickup covers.
Hope that's of help, I live in Bath.

Cheers,
Mick

Sounds a bit like the Les Paul John Sykes of Whitesnake used to play - that was a black standard with chrome pickguard and pickup surrounds. Think Gibson may have even released it as a production model, as I seem to remember seeing a poster for it in the dim and distant past. Perhaps a previous owner of this Tokai was a fan and modded it?

Back