?850?! I think not...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peller

Reaction score
Someone is living on a cloud:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/tokai-springy-sound-strat-japan-1981_W0QQitemZ190361184330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2c5269284a

I agree ,I have just came across this auction for this guitar tonight and was about to post it here ,but you beat me to it peller :lol:
Something not quite right about this TOKAI st and it is not the totally mad price?
Tokai block logo dates it to 1983 ,a transitional logo,that was changed again in 1984,The seller says the saddles are marked tokai,this i find strange indeed as they should be marked final prospect for that year,i think they stopped using tokai marked saddles around 1982,though there is an odd ball guitar that i have seen posted here that had tokai marked saddles and the block logo as well,so mmmh,i do not know?
It looks like a 2-piece body so it is a high model ,the only model that came in a natural finish was a st-65n from that period ,hope somebody with a bit more knowledge of tokai strats has a opinion on this strange tokai,a partscaster or what?
I WILL DO A BIT MORE DIGGING.AS I MIGHT BE WRONG !

MOJO HOBO

mojo hobo said:
I agree ,I have just came across this auction for this guitar tonight and was about to post it here ,but you beat me to it peller :lol:
Something not quite right about this TOKAI st and it is not the totally mad price?
Tokai block logo dates it to 1983 ,a transitional logo,that was changed again in 1984,The seller says the saddles are marked tokai,this i find strange indeed as they should be marked final prospect for that year,i think they stopped using tokai marked saddles around 1982,though there is an odd ball guitar that i have seen posted here that had tokai marked saddles and the block logo as well,so mmmh,i do not know?
It looks like a 2-piece body so it is a high model ,the only model that came in a natural finish was a st-65n from that period ,hope somebody with a bit more knowledge of tokai strats has a opinion on this strange tokai,a partscaster or what?
I WILL DO A BIT MORE DIGGING.AS I MIGHT BE WRONG !

MOJO HOBO

+1
A look at the stamp markings (body neck) would be nice, as for being a 1981, would have to be a serial number of 10xxxxx on the neck plate.
Tokai stamped saddles point to 1981 for me, interesting about the logo, definately 1983 logo.
Mick

Well the neck is a 1983, as others have said. Not sure about the saddles, but I guess they are easily changed. But the price.... :roll:

I reckon ?500 would be a good price (for the seller) for that in unmolested condition, perhaps ?400 with the extra routing (which he takes care not to show us :-? ).

And I think I'm being generous with those prices. I think some people over-state the rarity of these babies, Tokai did make rather a lot of them.

Mike

And I thought I was going to be the first to reveal this to the world... :)

Glad to see the Tokai Police never sleep...

Back