ALRIGHT..WHO DID IT?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my eye on that one too. Price was just a little too high, given the Rinkya fees and shipping fees. Hope someone on this board was the winner.

got a link to it?? I just bought a Super Power Junior,,love it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270496693811&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

It was a Japanese buyer.

As I noticed during my last visit in Japan (a couple of weeks ago), the prices on Japan "vintage" is steadily going up and the shops in Tokyo are as expensive as the shops here in Europe.

Better get used to rising prices :D

However, I am sure that like the AV, the JV bubble will burst.

That SR Junior would cost just a little less to get to Europe (with taxes and shipping) than a used Gibson Customshop Junior. I just bought a TV yellow Gibson C/S for app 900? and it is by far better than any Japanese copy I have tried and costed just a few hundred ? more.

Koubayashi said:
It was a Japanese buyer.

As I noticed during my last visit in Japan (a couple of weeks ago), the prices on Japan "vintage" is steadily going up and the shops in Tokyo are as expensive as the shops here in Europe.

That SR Junior would cost just a little less to get to Europe (with taxes and shipping) than a used Gibson Customshop Junior. I just bought a TV yellow Gibson C/S for app 900? and it is by far better than any Japanese copy I have tried and costed just a few hundred ? more.

''it was far better than any Japanese copy I have tried''

Really? :roll: :roll:

of course it was, after all it is a Gibson... has to be ''better'' than an old Japanese copy..lol..

52000 + 20000 shipping + 20%tax =approx 640 euros.. not that close to 900...

Greco Super real Juniors have huge necks, and are about 10000x rarer than newer Gibsons,the Greco was made by real people not machines from good old growth wood, dried properly, so for what you get in comparison is a vintage hand made guitar verses a new mass produced guitar, I know which one I would buy, given the choice.

villager said:
Koubayashi said:
It was a Japanese buyer.

''it was far better than any Japanese copy I have tried''

Really? :roll: :roll:

of course it was, after all it is a Gibson... has to be ''better'' than an old Japanese copy..lol..

52000 + 20000 shipping + 20%tax =approx 640 euros.. not that close to 900...

Greco Super real Juniors have huge necks, and are about 10000x rarer than newer Gibsons,the Greco was made by real people not machines from good old growth wood, dried properly, so for what you get in comparison is a vintage hand made guitar verses a new mass produced guitar, I know which one I would buy, given the choice.

I would add 250? any day of the week cause the CS is much better (atleast 500? better :D ).

However, I would pick a Greco over any Gibson Junior faded or Std.

did a blind test once and a Greco won over every Gibson apart from the real deal from 58. But the CS is pretty darn close to the 58 (if it wasn't for mojo it would be the same).

Gibson CS guitars are handmade as well!

I have had a bunch of SR Juniors and none of them had the correct body shape, multi piece bodies and thick plastic tone-killer finish...which is where the CS beats them all.

Atleast they didn't have veneer tops :D

Ps. Vintage is up to 1967 :wink:

This one?

yazawa8882000-img600x450-1261320537julzcv89168.jpg

I've reach 51000 and finally I give up...
Beautiful one but for this price I let this go. :/

yes the custom shop is hand-made to some extent for sure, but as for the thick poly finish, are you sure it was a greco super real junior? because the finishes on those are neither thick or tone killing..

I agree on the 2 piece body for the sake of specs, but for tone, I would generally prefer a 2 piece old body than a 1 piece new one....unless the new guitar has an old honduran body..

for me, most modern Gibsons have little interest, there are hundreds of thousands of them, I prefer the Greco's, the super reals especially..

I did deal in historics for a couple of years, some are very nice guitars, but my interest just faded after a while, whereas with the Japanese vintage stuff every guitar is different and exciting... and there are now so few of them in comparison..

villager said:

I would add 250? any day of the week cause the CS is much better (atleast 500? better :D ).

did a blind test once and a Greco won over every Gibson apart from the real deal from 58. But the CS is pretty darn close to the 58 (if it wasn't for mojo it would be the same).

I have had a bunch of SR Juniors and none of them had the correct body shape, multi piece bodies and thick plastic tone-killer finish...which is where the CS beats them all.

100% agree with you here man! I would take that Greco over a Gibby hands down. I gave up on Gibson and their hit and miss QC ages ago. That is what got me into alternatives and I have never looked back. Old wood, soul, and a history to a guitar adds an almost paranormal (above normal - not ghost related :lol:) aura to them. Nice purchase and a wise decision Villager. There were actually 2 Greco LP Juniors up at the same time which was a real rare sight.

Yup...if you see the user name ber*****, then you know it is Villager :D I was watching that too and when I saw him bid, I was waiting for it LOL.

Udonitron said:
villager said:

100% agree with you here man! I would take that Greco over a Gibby hands down. I gave up on Gibson and their hit and miss QC ages ago. That is what got me into alternatives and I have never looked back. Old wood, soul, and a history to a guitar adds an almost paranormal (above normal - not ghost related :lol:) aura to them. Nice purchase and a wise decision Villager. There were actually 2 Greco LP Juniors up at the same time which was a real rare sight.

Yup...if you see the user name ber*****, then you know it is Villager :D I was watching that too and when I saw him bid, I was waiting for it LOL.

Darn...I was thinking to bid but when I saw it wasn't Rinkya I didn't bother :D

heh as Koubayashi says,/... its necessary due to the sheer amount of crap that goes on on yahoo japan, I particularly HATE the way the auctions extend for 5 or 10 minutes if a bid comes in at the last minute. its actually a very biased auction format for the sellers...

I particularly HATE the way the auctions extend for 5 or 10 minutes if a bid comes in at the last minute. its actually a very biased auction format for the sellers...

Yes, the never ending auction format pisses me off as well.......

Mick

Yes I will third that! However it makes it more similar to a real auction with people yelling at the going once, twice, etc. However I think it should extend it by a minute if a bid is added in the last minute...not 5 minutes adding another 8...that is ridiculous.

I have a Yahoo account as well but how do you get your gear shipped to you in France since they do not ship outside of Japan? Do you have a middle man you send it to or?

I have a Japanese wife, a house in Tokyo and I go there a couple of times every year. Thats how I do to shop on Yahoo.

Latest posts

Back