whatever happened to Sushiguy/tokaijoe ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he'll be back...he's back in Japan now and neither Mick nor I have heard from him.

Time to lift the ban perhaps? enough punishment already? :cry:

marcusnieman said:
ganzua said:
Time to lift the ban perhaps? enough punishment already? :cry:

He's probably enjoying living in exile.

No Christmas spirit? No forgiveness, happiness and best wishes for everyone? Only Scrooge attitude all the time? :( :cry:

bazz said:
Banned why? Such a great guy, I would read any post by Joe 8)

There were several bombastic posts that really crossed the line in my most humble opinion. Joe is a very informative, colorful and opinionated individual....... but some of the flameups I'd read were even a little harsh for me to stomach.

It seems Tokai Joe looses his cool when he hears or sees something he think is not right- especially related to Tokai guitars.
He may be right, but for his own sake I hope he learn to stay cool even he have to put up with BS sometimes, there have to be room for everyone..

Right Joe ?

:roll:

Marcus seems to be about right. I grew to like Joe, but he seemed to have a strange vendetta against certain "dealers" here on the forum, which he sometimes expressed rather forcefully. I could never make sense of it, but he seemed to object to people buying Japanese guitars & then selling them, for a profit, in the West. Yet he didn't seem to object to any of the many Japanese dealers who also made a profit from selling Japanese guitars.

:-?

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it seemed to me. It's a great shame as he was both a great source of information & often very funny too. Trouble is, when he went on one of his "crusades" he could seem quite aggressive. I would like to see him back here, but I wonder if he could be persuaded to chill out a bit? If not, he would only get banned again.

A shame all round. I hope you're well Joe, wherever you are.

Mike

I have been a member of many online forums, and continue to be a member of several.

There are different levels of toleration for any given subject matter on all of the forums that I have been a member of.
The moderators of these forums also have a wide range of what they will, and will not accept from member's posts.
Some mods are fairly quick to temporarily ban, or to ban out right members that cross a line, and other mods are fairly lax in handing out any form of discipline.

When a member expresses something in any virtual space there is much room for the unknown, because any member's posts are only read by other members, and there is no visual connection with others in any given conversation.
There is no ability to see facial expressions, no real ability to discern inflections of language, and/or of intent, all because it is a virtual space; a virtual conversation.

One thing that is not so unclear is when a member chooses to follow their own bad judgment, allowing their head to come out of their shell, and sling very obvious & needless tirades at other members.
In the least, it's an indication of instability.

I have seen it in every forum, and it (eventually) always ends up the same way, with the one refusing to stop slinging the BS being banned.

I guess it?s a learning curve for some ........................

MIJvintage said:
I have been a member of many online forums, and continue to be a member of several.

There are different levels of toleration for any given subject matter on all of the forums that I have been a member of.
The moderators of these forums also have a wide range of what they will, and will not accept from member's posts.
Some mods are fairly quick to temporarily ban, or to ban out right members that cross a line, and other mods are fairly lax in handing out any form of discipline.

When a member expresses something in any virtual space there is much room for the unknown, because any member's posts are only read by other members, and there is no visual connection with others in any given conversation.
There is no ability to see facial expressions, no real ability to discern inflections of language, and/or of intent, all because it is a virtual space; a virtual conversation.

One thing that is not so unclear is when a member chooses to follow their own bad judgment, allowing their head to come out of their shell, and sling very obvious & needless tirades at other members.

I have seen it in every forum, and it (eventually) always ends up the same way, with the one refusing to stop slinging the BS being banned.

Hello Mr Vintage,
And a happy newyear to you !

Correct me if I?m wrong, but were you not directly involved in the last
"episode" of "Tokai Joe going haywire"..? I mean it was a case of some guitar being sold as something different than it really was as far as I remember. I came across a locked thread the other day and thats what the whole thing was about but maybe I am wrong affcourse ?
Anyway I don?t understand much of what you?re saying.
Other that you more or less call Tokai Joe unstable.
Anyway, I guess this thread is 2 minutes from getting locked anyway ;)

So a HAPPY NEWYEAR to you all- that includes you TOKAI JOE !
:)

labbi said:
MIJvintage said:

Hello Mr Vintage,

"episode" of "Tokai Joe going haywire"..? I mean it was a case of some guitar being sold as something different than it really was as far as I remember. I came across a locked thread the other day and thats what the whole thing was about but maybe I am wrong affcourse ?

It doesn't matter what the particulars were in this situation; my message was concerning online forums, and their membership in general, and not just the TF :wink:

Cheers ..............

MIJvintage said:
labbi said:
MIJvintage said:

Hello Mr Vintage,

It doesn't matter what the particulars were in this situation; my message was concerning online forums, and their membership in general, and not just the TF :wink:

Cheers ..............

Well offcourse Mr. Vintage.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back