Bacchus BST-62. Couple of questions before I buy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman

Reaction score
Hey there,

well, I realize I require a quality single coil axe. I played a gig last week and used a Gadow single coil - sick tone. I then played a super cheap Vintage icon v6 yesterday and was blown away by the tone coming from the amp. I think the guitar gods are trying to tell me something (they certainly aren't speaking to my wife).

If I unload some coin I might as well go for a Bacchus; however I have a couple queries on these Bacchus BST-62's:

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/items/detail/63063.html

1. The headstock on the ones I've been looking at do not resemble a fender (hisashi). Nonetheless, they look great. What is the neck profile like on these? I dig a thick neck. Are they at all similar to a vintage strat?

2. Are these BST-62's handmade in Japan? Would the quality compare to custom shop fender?

3. what's the tone of the yuta bridge PUP like?

Merry christmas and thanks for your help!!

hi
there is a Bacchus section on this forum, you'll get lots of answers.

1. I have BST 54 and BST 62, both Vintage series with correct headstock. BST54 has fatter neck than BST62.
2. that one you pointed is craft series (BST-62C), which is not the top model. Actually I'm not familiar with the new headstock guitars, all I can say the old one are really fantastic. And yes, they can compare to Fender custom shop (the old one).
3. Yuta are excellent. I bought another set and change stock pickups in Tokai SS '79. Great, great improvement.

hope those answers help

Diodibuh said:
1. I have BST 54 and BST 62, both Vintage series with correct headstock. BST54 has fatter neck than BST62.
2. that one you pointed is craft series (BST-62C), which is not the top model. Actually I'm not familiar with the new headstock guitars, all I can say the old one are really fantastic. And yes, they can compare to Fender custom shop (the old one).
3. Yuta are excellent.

I would agree with all of that. I have a BST-64V, vintage series with correct headstock. The only thing I don't like about it is that the neck is too chunky. In terms of quality, I would say it compares very well with the Fender CS Strats, I'm not sure I could tell the difference in feel if I was blindfolded.

The pickups on mine are hotter than typical vintage Strat pickups. From memory (I'm not at home now) the bridge pickup reads about 7.5k, so it's fatter & louder than most, which I like.

Mike

The handmade series (Vintage series) is different from the craft series in the production.

The factories are different.

Thanks in advance.
HISASHI

Latest posts

Back