Pickups on Mint Collection -89, added pictures

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockscott

Reaction score
How do i know what pickups in a 1989 Greco Mint? I cant find any identification of the pickups.

It depend on the model...
Look for a sticker at the bottom of the pickups.
Could be Dry 1982, Double Trick, Screaming... or even Seymour Duncan.

But if you already know the model of your Greco and if the pickups are original just look there to find what are the pu.

I have looked at the bottom of pickup but did not find any sticker, doesn?t know if they are original but think so...

Any other way to identify pickup model?

jockscott said:
I have looked at the bottom of pickup but did not find any sticker, doesn?t know if they are original but think so...

Any other way to identify pickup model?

If it is ceramic it is Screamin 82s.
If it has a low magnet bar it is either a Dry or DT.
If it has American width between the poles its a Duncan.

Added photos of the pickups, anyone that can identify model?

PC140007.jpg

PC140011.jpg

I do not know what model, i could only guess it?s an EG59/50 but not sure. No stickers or other than serial so i am interested to know what model it could be and what pickups.

Looks like a custom to me so it will be an EGC, probably a 600 and with screamin pickups....some better pics of the whole guitar would be good. It should have a 2 piece top and 2 piece back with a long tenon neck joint.

Mick

It is 2 piece front, 2 piece back and long tenon. Seems that it had fret edge bindings also but looks like it removed after a re-fret?!

No better pics at the moment than this:
P1010020.jpg

According to this catalog it could be a EGC-600 or EGC-480.
Both have Screaming pickups.
I assume that the stickers are gone from the pickups.
Or may be they are simply not original...
Can't be Seymour as I believe there are stamp.

According to spec for those it most likely an EGC-600, mine is an -89 but mabye they are same as -90.

I would say its a 600 model and they look like Greco pickups to me, probably had the stickers removed. Its a fujigen made EGC600, these were quite common towards the end of the Mint Collection series and are good guitars, most Fujigen made ones are although some can be a bit heavy.

The 480 model was Basswood so as long as the guitar in question is mahogany with a maple top i would say its is a EGC-600.

Mick

Back