Bacchus Strat Information now resides on another forum

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
The reason the string retainer is different on the first one is because it's a copy of a '54 Strat - the early Strats had the round string tree.

Other main difference is the '54's copies were Ash like the early Strats and the '57's Alder.

I think the question Diodibuh is asking is why 'Begining' is spelt wrong on both? For that I have no answer :wink:

Well it does rather suggest that the earlier information from MIJVintage was more reliable, doesn't it?

I think one has slab board.
10.jpg

11.jpg

JohnA said:
Mick & JVSearch were spot on, it's a slab board, that makes it a BST-62V

........or does it? Recent news just in via an exclusive e.mail received by a friend of one of my friend's friends, suggests that all Bacchus guitars are actually manufactured in the industrial sector of Antarctica, & merely shipped in via Japan to confuse & baffle people.

The guitar pictured was actually manufactured in 1936, & looks likely to be one of the prototypes.

:eek: :wink: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here is a BST-64V

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/2000_Bacchus_BST-64V_SHG_Stratocaster.html

This website is highly regarded here...so....

You will notice the thickness of the fretboard, oh and stratman323 you must check the thickness on yours too....

regards,
Mick

Perhaps it would be better if some of you would like you to read again, what i said at the begining before posting my replies from Deviser that were translated.

I said

Quote "even with their help in translating they still can not guarantee it as exact, but still, it is the best information I have ever seen. " Unquote.

So, as what I thought was a nice gesture by me, and by my private buyer and Tokai Joe, to contribute further to Tokai Forum.
I did receive a few thank you's, and thank you kindly to those who did say so 8)

greco_burst said:
Here is a BST-64V

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/2000_Bacchus_BST-64V_SHG_Stratocaster.html

This website is highly regarded here...so....

You will notice the thickness of the fretboard, oh and stratman323 you must check the thickness on yours too....

regards,
Mick

That's a nice Bacchus. 2000? I wonder if the serial number starts with 00? :roll:

I don't need to check mine, I already know it's a BST-64V as it has a cap board. I wasn't at all confused about what I owned before this pointless thread was started.

153_5302.jpg

I'm actually far more interested in what colour it is. It's not quite Lake Placid Blue, so Ocean Turquoise perhaps?

154_5447.jpg

greco_burst said:
Perhaps it would be better if some of you would like you to read again, what i said at the begining before posting my replies from Deviser that were translated.

I said

Quote "even with their help in translating they still can not guarantee it as exact, but still, it is the best information I have ever seen. " Unquote.

So, as what I thought was a nice gesture by me, and by my darling Rose, and private buyer Sonoko, and Tokai Joe, to contribute further to Tokai Forum.
I did receive a few thank you's, and thank you kindly to those who did say so 8)

Reliable information needs to be confirmed by more than one source, especially when this information seeks to turn on it's head what was previously accepted to be the facts. A theory is merely a theory until it can be confirmed or denied.

Latest posts

Back