Post your Tokai bass pics, please!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bassssy68 said:
Hi All.
Just registered and found this thread. Dribbling at the jazzers. Would a picture of a Tokai made Sigma ric copy fit in this thread?

Sure, why not!? I'm curious to see one :) ...

Welcome to the forum, by the way :wink: .

Hi All again.
Couldn't upload here so tried putting link instead.
This is my Sigma made by Tokai 1972.

http://www.rezumaid.com/page222222.html
It's the closest to the real thing ( sound and feel)I've ever played.

Still think those jazzers are awsum. :)[/url]

bassssy68 said:
Hi All again.
Couldn't upload here so tried putting link instead.
This is my Sigma made by Tokai 1972.

http://www.rezumaid.com/page222222.html
It's the closest to the real thing ( sound and feel)I've ever played.

Still think those jazzers are awsum. :)[/url]

8) Cool!

I had a "CMI" branded Ric copy once, which had the same tuners and similar looking hardware. It certainly sounded the part too. Perhaps they were made in the same factory!?

Thanks for your post :) .

another rare Tokai sold to buy my PB80:

1981 PB50, LPB matching headstock
3 pieces alder body, a little heavy (4.5kgs) but sounded good with its veneer rosewood neck.
pb6.jpg

PICT6525.jpg

PICT6527.jpg

PICT6526.jpg

PICT6515.jpg

Nice one :p !

Lovely rosewood on that fretboard (again). Seems that the Tokai factory certainly had access to some top notch timber in those days. Even a lot of today's more expensive basses don't have maple and rosewood that's as attractive as some of the examples we've seen here.

What's more, 4.5kgs may be heavy for a Hard Puncher, but it's still a lot less than a lot of '70s Fenders :lol: (my '75 P Bass weighed 5.2kgs :eek: )!

Thanks for posting the pics.

Any more out there .... ?

So, I've posted these pics elsewhere here, but in keeping with the idea behind this thread here are some shots of my 1984 Metallic Red TJB60 and my 1985 Black TJB45/60(?), as well as the whole collection (including my 1983 Olympic White TJB45).

Bodyfront_799.jpg

Bodyrear_799.jpg

Headstock_799.jpg

Divots_799.jpg

Bodyfront-1.jpg

Bodyrear-1.jpg

Headstock-1.jpg

Tuners-1.jpg

The_Trio_04_799.jpg

Three_Headstocks_799.jpg

The_Trio_06_799.jpg

Thr_Trio_2_799.jpg

Bodies_02_799.jpg

Hi all, lovely photos you have here of your Tokai basses :D

This is just making me lust for a Jazz sound bass to compliment my Hard Puncher which you can see below:

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_hdstck.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_body.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_back.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher.jpg

I love that bass and how it looks although I'd also like to get a traditional Hard Puncher too hehe. This one need a little tlc and a pro setup, I have to get it done soon. I gigged it last weekend trough an Ashdown 4x10 combo and it was great :)

Here's a scan from an old ad which was included in an e-bay auction of an VSB 80 bass which identifies my bass as an VSB 60 ltd. ed.

vsb_80.jpg

cheers, Z

Hi Z and welcome to the forum :D !

It's great that your Hard Puncher is in such good, original condition - look after it, won't you :wink: !?

How much does it weigh, out of interest?

Fender32 said:
Hi Z and welcome to the forum :D !

It's great that your Hard Puncher is in such good, original condition - look after it, won't you :wink: !?

How much does it weigh, out of interest?

Thanks Fender32!! I'm not the original owner though, I bought it from Japan a few years ago. If you look at the front sideways you can see some scratches on the surface from it being played with a pick I guess.
But I agree, it sure looks good :)

It weighs approx. 4 kg., sometimes when I'm playing a gig it's good to change to the Tokai from the Blade jazz I have which is considerably heavier.

Your Jazz sounds are very droolworthy, I absolutely love the photos you posted. I sure would like to get one similar to yours one day.

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

My best sounding bass. As you can see it's in perfect condition, plays great. I really love it!
Pickguard is not original.
Try Tokai basses - you won't be disappointed:)

Wow! That's really in beautiful condition, Wojtek - much, much nicer than my white one :wink: .

The photos are really clear and sharp too - well done ! :)

You asked about the pickguard!? Well, yes, a Fender '62 Jazz Bass Reissue one will fit very well, but you probably find that 3 or 4 of the holes do not line up properly and so you would have to either drill new holes, or you could just glue sawn-off screw heads into the holes where there are holes and just have it held on by 8 screws instead of 11. Just an idea :wink: .

Thanks for posting the pics.

Even though the original poster asked for pics of vintage Tokais, i guess this is nevertheless the right place to introduce to you my precious, a mid-2000s Tokai SEB Jazz-style prototype. One of only two of its kind, and the only one made with an alder body. It's got fantastic Bartolini PUs and dead quiet electronics. I feel really lucky to play this amazing instrument.

tokai_full-1.jpg

tokai_profile.jpg

tokai_back.jpg

tokai_headstock.jpg

On the sides of the body, you can see the strip of cross-cut alder that forms the centrepiece of the SEB body construction. I'm completely in love with this bass. It's got the classic Jazz tone with added colour and richness. Feels extremely responsive and alive.

Tokai get much praise for their older Hard Punchers and Jazz Sounds, but I think they also deserve credit for their newer models and original designs. I really can't say enough about how great this particular bass is.

Latest posts

Back