Famous Guitarist using Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_C

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for post a question like this, if so sorry.

Any how, we all know Tokai make some stunning guitars, can people tell me of any famous artists/guitarist that use Tokai - picture links would be good.

Cheers

Okay, I'll start it off.... Here's Joe Walsh playing a Love Rock:

img1022largezr0.jpg

Couldn't be stuffed looking for pics as this has been covered before but ZZtop's guitarist uses Tokai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robert Fripp and as Marcus said, Joe walsh...

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Couldn't be stuffed looking for pics as this has been covered before but ZZtop's guitarist uses Tokai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robert Fripp and as Marcus said, Joe walsh...

Mick

Here's Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) with his Love Rock:

http://guitarfixation.com/images/pic/billy_gibbons_marshall_tokai_ad.jpg

SRV on the Tokai catalog. Never seen him actually playing one:

http://www.flyingvintage.com/gcmag/graphics/tsrv.JPG

marcusnieman said:
SRV on the Tokai catalog. Never seen him actually playing one:

http://www.flyingvintage.com/gcmag/graphics/tsrv.JPG

I think the SRV link is a myth. He may have held a Tokai once, but I held a 64 Strat once - didn't mean that I owned it or even really played it!

The Billy F. Gibbons connection is genuine enough though.

In the UK, former Paul Lamb band guitarist Johnny Whitehill played a Sunburst Goldstar, & Otis Grand's gold Strat is actually a re badged Tokai.

In the US, it's been reported on here that Junior Watson's Goldtop with P90s is actually a re badged Tokai as well.

Mike

INXS guitarist, Kirk Pengelly played a Tokai Talbo. I had an article in the 80's in an Aussie guitar mag and it was an interview with SRV and he was singing the praises of his Tokai strat, could have been all advertising blurb but i suppose we will never know... :wink:

Mick

'Famous' guitarists are endorsed/paid by the big name guitar companies.

Tokai doesn't endorse/pay "famous" guitarists, so that's why the they don't use Tokais.

Let's put it this way, every 'famous' guitarist who's endorsed by Gibson, might as well play a Tokai, because a stock Tokai = the Gibson Custom Shop.

In the US, it's been reported on here that Junior Watson's Goldtop with P90s is actually a re badged Tokai as well.
My bruthuh from anuthuh mutha 8)

stratman323 said:

I've read that too. I'm really curious where this information comes from.

my owner uses Tokai Guitars ...and thoroughly recommends them ...

I love him because he gives me sausages

Chumley

Labrador :lol:

Jockai said:
my owner uses Tokai Guitars ...and thoroughly recommends them ...

I love him because he gives me sausages

Chumley

Labrador :lol:

That's one smart dog.. Even gets the caps key down on proper nouns!

Back