Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

will standard replacement parts fit on my tokai '52 tele?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tone4days
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: will standard replacement parts fit on my tokai '52 tele? Reply with quote

i just became the owner of a (gently) used model year 2003 Tokai '52 tele RI ... i am pretty happy with it, especially after only paying $325 US for it ... i might want to replace the saddles-only or maybe even the entire bridge ... has any one here used replacement saddles, especially the compensated brass saddles by callaham or wilkinson? i wonder if these would be 'drop in' replacements, or are their compatibility issues?

also, the pickups might need to go as well .... will standard tele replacement pups (seymour duncan, suhr, etc) fit without problem?

and down the road, the tuners might get swapped out for a nice locking set ... will standard tele replacements drop right in?

thanks for any help

cheers
t4d
Tatter75
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Replacement parts Reply with quote

Hi

I don't think you'll have problems with the pickups, but i replaced my 6 saddle bridge with a fender 3 saddle version and the screw holes were very slightly out, had to use the old tokai screws at a bit of an angle, it was a bit nervewracking at first but they went in eventually. Not to sure about replacing saddles though.
tone4days
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks tatter

how does she intonate now?

cheers
t4d
Tatter75
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Replacement Fender Bridge Reply with quote

Sounds fine to me! I probably wouldn't notice too much anyway. The main reason i replaced the bridge was because the old one was rusty and i kept snapping strings, seems to have sorted it out now anyway. Also i replaced my bridge pickup with a Dimarzio Twang King as the old one squealed like a pig. Sounds great now, better than all the fenders i tried!
Tatter75
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Fender Tele Bridge Reply with quote

By the way i saw a brand new fender tele bridge on ebay.co.uk yesterday going for about a tenner, mine cost me 40 odd quid so you might want to check that out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: