Any good suggestions for modding a Tokai LS-230

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change what ever you feel like changing dude.
Personally I wouldn't bother with the Buzz Feiten system.
You shouldn't need to upgrade the bridge, as mentioned above.
I never quite understood why you'd put locking tuners on a fixed bridge, although string changes should be easier I suppose.
I'm also a big fan of Schaller strap locks as it does mean you can easily swap guitar straps, which can be useful mid gig if ya wireless gear is attached to the strap.
I'd also look at changing the pickups, but that depends what they sound like.
Actually one of the first things I'd change if I got another Love Rock would be the trus rod cover, the standard Tokai one is really cheap looking.

I'd say do whatever you like so long as you're not physically modifying an already awsome instrument. I see nothing wrong with adding straplocks (they'e on all my guitars), locking tuners (if you really hate string changes that much, and your pickups of choice. I have the stock MKII in my ES and LS-150, but I changed them out of my SG. Didn't like how they sounded (or was it my fingers :lol: ). Anyways, dropped a set of Growldogs in and it brought the guitar to life, IMHO.

Jason

This is the guitar in question. It is still on it's way to my loving arms...
IMG_7631.jpg

That's an awesome looking guitar.

I like the case as well, I just bought one in black...a third of the price of a Tokai case.
Makes me wonder why Tokai don't have their cases built in China.

I've got a Gibson "Standard" TRC on mine. :oops:

I like the look of it, and it fits with just one more screw hole about 5mm up from the original top one.

Mods on mine are limited to a pair of locking buttons, the above mentioned TRC and some Grover Deluxe tuners in original design, but die-cast with finer ratios. These weren't absolutely necessary, but one of the originals was bent, so I just changed the set.

Nothing else to do to it now. Finished. 8)

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-gcbr-lp-les-paul-case/12449

http://www.musikhaus-hermann.de/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=22&products_id=2178&osCsid=gm

Latest posts

Back