pics of mystery bridge on love rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkmavis

Reaction score
here we go dudes.. ring any bells?
bridge.jpg

some pics of the beastie
front.jpg

another
side.jpg

ls60??? what u dudes think?

I think Schaller stuff is generally of very high qulaity and not cheap. I'd think a roller bridge would be best utilized on something with a bigsby (where the strings otherwise saw back and forth over non roller bridges and occasionally get stuck) but there's certainly nothing wrong with that bridge on any guitar.

I'd think the only reason you'd replace it would be for cosmetic reasons: you want yout Tokai to look all original, or more like a vintage Gibson. If your primary concern is sounding good and playing in tune, I'd say leave it on there.

Best wishes.

Yeah, I think it?s an LS60 ? two piece solid maple cap/top with center seam & nice plain grain is typical (it?s not an LS50). What?s the back like, how many pieces? And the neck, one piece? Looks in good nick, ha ?I was expecting it was maybe a bit rough at that price ? you did well 8) .

Bridge looks like it screws into a threaded sleeve (sunk into body), ie fitting like a Nashville. Whereas original ABR-1 style TOM just has thin posts screwed straight into the wood. So maybe the post-holes are enlarged there - if that roller bridge works OK I'd keep it.

OK, just rambling now ?. (1)looks like a big gap between pup rings & Fralin pups, so pup rings may be original, (2)correct original Kluson-type tuners as far as I see, (3)missing pickguard & maybe new switch tip (big deal) :-? .

Ian.

the back is 2 peice, the neck is one :D... i took the guard off... i got it though n id say the guitar is in 90% condition.. not too bafd, need a clean but no biggie.. the roller bridge is cool seems to stay ib tune great so im gonna keep it, ill look out for the origonal parts though so if the mood takes ill swop the bits over.. one prob though.. the volume knob for the neck pup is weird, it actually gets louder just before theres no volume at all... its a bit odd

<<Nicely designed bridge there. All it needs is some individual saddle height adjustment.>>

Do you get any more adjustment with a Gibson-style ABR-1? I suppose you could file down a saddle, but I never have. Have you?

LawsuitFan said:
<<Nicely designed bridge there. All it needs is some individual saddle height adjustment.>>

Do you get any more adjustment with a Gibson-style ABR-1? I suppose you could file down a saddle, but I never have. Have you?

I was referring to the side to side movement which allowed accurate string spacing. And yes, I've had saddles filed to match fretboard radius on TOM bridges several times.

Latest posts

Back