Tokai Jazz Sound Pickups problem?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkpower

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I've just bought a Tokai Jazz Sound bass from about 1985. Acoustically sounds fantastic, it's alder with rosewood fretboard - classic jazz sound - I can feel how this body vibrating on my stomach when I play on it. Maybe setup should be done better, and there is a litlle ding with the fretboard/frets in about 11th fret (it's just a little higher in that place and it's buzzing), but nevermind.
It's my first Tokai, so sorry for that question.
Pickups sound good, but there is a noise/hum when I'm playing.
I know that it can be something like that, but I think that there is to much hum...
What can I do with it? Should I change pickups or maybe is another option?
Thank you for your answer.

It'll be something to do with the wiring I expect. If you took it to a good guitar shop they could sort it out for you and do a setup and fret dress at the same time.

Just a thought :)

Si Pie said:
It'll be something to do with the wiring I expect. If you took it to a good guitar shop they could sort it out for you and do a setup and fret dress at the same time.

Just a thought :)

Ok, thank you.
Did someone tell me what's the resistance level of your Tokai Jazz Sound pickups?
I've checked it, and there is about 5.6kOhm for bridge pickup and c.a. 5kOhm for neck pickup. Do you have similar values?
Thanks for answer.

The problem is shielding. If you do this, hums will be reduced. I did the same in my Hardpuncher.

Sorry for my english:)

Back