will standard replacement parts fit on my tokai '52 tele?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone4days

Reaction score
i just became the owner of a (gently) used model year 2003 Tokai '52 tele RI ... i am pretty happy with it, especially after only paying $325 US for it ... i might want to replace the saddles-only or maybe even the entire bridge ... has any one here used replacement saddles, especially the compensated brass saddles by callaham or wilkinson? i wonder if these would be 'drop in' replacements, or are their compatibility issues?

also, the pickups might need to go as well .... will standard tele replacement pups (seymour duncan, suhr, etc) fit without problem?

and down the road, the tuners might get swapped out for a nice locking set ... will standard tele replacements drop right in?

thanks for any help

cheers
t4d

Hi

I don't think you'll have problems with the pickups, but i replaced my 6 saddle bridge with a fender 3 saddle version and the screw holes were very slightly out, had to use the old tokai screws at a bit of an angle, it was a bit nervewracking at first but they went in eventually. Not to sure about replacing saddles though.

Sounds fine to me! I probably wouldn't notice too much anyway. The main reason i replaced the bridge was because the old one was rusty and i kept snapping strings, seems to have sorted it out now anyway. Also i replaced my bridge pickup with a Dimarzio Twang King as the old one squealed like a pig. Sounds great now, better than all the fenders i tried!

By the way i saw a brand new fender tele bridge on ebay.co.uk yesterday going for about a tenner, mine cost me 40 odd quid so you might want to check that out?

Back