old Tokai catalogs

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerosene_strat

Reaction score
Does anybody have copies of Tokai catologs say between 76 and 81 that they could scan and send to me?

I'd be happy to pay for them

I have a couple of c1984 catalogues if that is any use ? Let me know. I would also be interested in copies of earlier catalogues. If you have any offers we could split the costs.
Nik

Hi!

I'm a blueglass fan in Japan. Tokai also made exact copy of pre-war Gibson Mastertone Banjo.
I have only some pics of their banjo catalogue. They are still very fine banjos.

Tokai Banjo Catalogue Circa 1978;
http://www.pasoneko.com/main/tokai.html
OnClick, you can see large pics.

My site's entrance;
http://www.pasoneko.com

In the US market, importer sold the banjos as GoldStar brand.

:lol: Blueglass fan...from Japan :lol: TG Sorry ,just struck me funny! I make fun of Banjo's cause I can't play em! You could say I'm shallow? :wink:

Hey TokaiJunkie ? Wow :eek: !! Many Thanks :D ! I wasn?t really watching this thread, because I didn?t expect anyone to show a catalogue earlier than 81 :) lol. These should definitely be in the Registry. Very interesting stuff - we really need a Japanese contributor who'd be kind enough to translate the language, any takers :-? ?

Lots to digest in those pages. But as a start - I notice the LS80 ?OS? (?Original Sunburst?, I assume) is decaled ?Les Paul Model? and it has double-ring tuners, so I guess those double rings should be on ALL pre 1980 Les Paul models.

Interesting pics of 1978 LC100 Custom with ?correct? Split Diamond (later LC?s are different). Strange tuners on that LC too ? there?s one like that on eBay now, the first I?ve ever seen. Also looks like no S/N on rear of headstock (next to it is pictured LS model with S/N=8000101) :-? .

Ian.

ian said:
Hey TokaiJunkie – Wow :eek: !! Many Thanks :D ! I wasn’t really watching this thread, because I didn’t expect anyone to show a catalogue earlier than 81 :) lol. These should definitely be in the Registry. Very interesting stuff - we really need a Japanese contributor who'd be kind enough to translate the language, any takers :-? ?

Hi Ian,

I've found these two catalogs on a japanese website a few months ago. Unfortunately I don't speak jap. :wink: I've already sent them to ned a month ago or so, but he's pretty busy at the moment...

ian said:
Lots to digest in those pages. But as a start - I notice the LS80 “OS” (“Original Sunburst”, I assume) is decaled “Les Paul Model” and it has double-ring tuners, so I guess those double rings should be on ALL pre 1980 Les Paul models.

My 1979 Les Paul Reborn has double Rings too, so I think they are on all pre 1981 Models. For the LS-80 I think it's already a Les Paul Reborn (I have problems to read it because of the bad scans)

ian said:
Interesting pics of 1978 LC100 Custom with “correct” Split Diamond (later LC’s are different). Strange tuners on that LC too – there’s one like that on eBay now, the first I’ve ever seen. Also looks like no S/N on rear of headstock (next to it is pictured LS model with S/N=8000101) :-? .

Indeed, the "correct" Split Diamond is interesting.

Best regards

TJ

Hi TJ ? yes, you may be right on ?Model? vs. ?Reborn? on that headstock ? I was so surprised to see it I jumped the gun & posted my first rambling thoughts :lol: . The Japanese text appears to contain some dates, beginning with 1952, then 1957 & then 58 (ie alongside the LS80 photo) ? at a guess I suppose they may be saying something like ?Gibson first made Les Paul in 1952, ?& our Tokais copy the models from 1957 & 58 ??.

Incidentally, in an old thread ?Stokeboy? gave a link to part of the 1979 Catalogue
http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/iciji_hokan/1979_tokai/79catalog.html (add this to Registry & we?d have nearly the complete set). We need that Japanese translator (I had one till recently, drat!) :-? .

Ian.

Ian,

thanks a lot for the 1979 link! As you know, to me this is maybe the most imortant catalog, because my guitar is in it! :D

A translation of all this stuff would be just great! Aren't there any japanese forum member who could to this? Pleeeaase!!

Thanks again

TJ

Just found the catalogs in my in box. My office at home flooded when the AC overflow line leaked and I have been without my main PC since the weekend of July 4th. New flood should be in my office in the next 2 weeks and things can get back to normal, which means site development.

I'll post those 2 catalogs on the site this weekend.

Ned

Hi Ned ? sorry, not trying to rush you, truly. Sorry to hear about the AC overflow problems. Just wish we had a few Japanese guys here who could tell us what it all says! :-?

Best wishes,
Ian

Ned,

thanks for posting the two catalogs into the registry site! Although its not the whole thing, I think posting the LS part of the 1979 catalog would be cool too!?

Thanks again and best regards

TJ

I'll add the 79 catalog as well.

Ian- if you get a translator let me know as I've got a Japanese Vintage Magazine with tons of Fender copy Tokai info in it just all in Japanese.

79 Catalog now added.

Ned

My cousin was married to a Japanese girl for 18 months but divorced her AND deported her after he found her in bed with his best mate...

:eek: :-? :x :evil:

Guess I wont bother asking him for her number.

Latest posts

Back