Cornell Romany

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max The Dog

Reaction score
Well it finally got here, it took three days for Parcel Farce to get it to me with their 24 hr service. The wait was worthwhile though it really is a great little amp. I'm not too good with all the technical terms used to describe amps, so all I can say about it is that it is so easy to use and so many different tones can be had with just a little tweaking here and there.
I have a Bacchus Strat and the single coils really ring out clear and clean when the amp is switched to10w and if left at the same settings switch to
1/4w and it growls nicely. Looking forward to trying it out with a humbucker equipped guitar. I used to have a Stinger which was Cornell's
build it yourself collaboration with a guitar magazine some years ago which also had a great bluesy tone to it and the Romany reminds me of that.

Glad you like it. I don't think you can go wrong with a Cornell - I bought a Romany Plus earlier this year & I love it. Dennis Cornell explained that the circuitry for the Romanys is basically very similar to the old 50s Champs, & he explained (at great length) about the advantages of single-ended amps.

If anyone thinks a Fender Blues Junior sounds good, try a Cornell Romany.

:wink:

Mike

Back