Rant, Gibson R9 neck!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachD

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong Forum.

Seem's like most people agree that the 59 style neck is by far the most popular. Every MIJ manufacture seems to get this. Nearly every model i've ever seen comes with that size.

So how come the only Gibson's that come with 59 style necks are the $5,000 R9 custom shop models. Feels like they are trying to force you to by the most expensive model they make if you want to get the features that everyone knows are the best! Anything that was on the lower or more average price scale over the last 10 years had the 60's (too thin) or 50's (too think) style neck. For example- LP standards (at least 2002-2008), LP Classics, LP Traditional, SG standards, SG 61 RI, ES 335's which would seem like the bulk of Gibson sales were not offered with 59 style necks. I'm not sure about studios and sg specials.

Ironically, my low budget 2007 SG classic seems to have the closest thing to 59 neck specs.

Exact 1959 Neck-Specs dont exist really, those Original 59-Burst-Necks had / have a huge variety, that nearly every neck is litterally a 59-Spec Neck :D

Why you worried about what G make when you're on the Tokai forum?

I don't know. Looking at Tokai specs helped me realize something that Tokai and other Japanese companies do well and something that I felt others on this forum would appreciate. Unfortunately, I've never been able to actually verify the great Tokai necks in person...

Coach

I do appreciate your info, but you need to get your hands around a Love Rock neck and stop worrying about the 'specs' so much.
I look at my LS90s and wonder if they made a mistake and sprayed them with nitro, that's how good they are.

Get into the game and stop being a coach. ;)

sasparilla said:
Exact 1959 Neck-Specs dont exist really, those Original 59-Burst-Necks had / have a huge variety, that nearly every neck is litterally a 59-Spec Neck :D

While this may be true, most folks associate the 59 neck somewhere between the 58 and 60, which is also true. So if we assume a 59 is a medium ideal neck, and Tokai uses them on almost all their LP style guitars, why ask why? Let Gibbo keep screwing it all up. This forum and the products it represents are proof enough to me which is superior. You may want to ask at mylespaul.com for info about gibbos. I don't think anyone cares here what Gibbo is doing, including me. 8)

Back