First, counterfeit Gibsons, now counterfeit OBGs!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omboy

Reaction score
Whod's have thunk it?

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/Rare-Orville-by-gibson-ES-335-VS-Gibson-/112051-1434019.html

At least the gigbag seems to be not faked :eek: Looks exactly like my original bag
OBG93020.jpg

But it's not part of this auction.He only has one and is putting every fake on it for the photo :lol:

OK, I'll bite - how can you tell it's not a genuine OBG? I've been looking at a few of these and don't want to get snookered.

What you see in the pics are leeched from websites. They are pics of real guitars, what you will receive is a hunk of junk...

All the counterfeiters are the same....

I know, a friend of mine was dumb *** 1 year ago to buy one, and sure enough, received a pathetic hunk of junk, crappiest guitar making i have ever seen. NOWHERE near what is pictured... and he really expected to receive a Gibson Historic R9....yeah right!, yeah sure! for his 350 US dollars....

What he did receive is a crappy guitar, he was warned about it, but dumb *** enough to buy it. So, he learned, he had a great time smashing it up after having it for 1 year, he never played it, he said the frets on it hurt his finger sooo much, and the fingerboard was uncomfortable and oversized, the wood was pine material all over, with a veneer top of course, the sound was passable.

Just a cheap *** guitar that looked NOTHING like in the pics.....

regards, Mick

****, that's scary :eek: . So you're saying it's the seller that's not legit, how can one tell whether it's kosher? Other than price.

Axchisler said:
****, that's scary :eek: . So you're saying it's the seller that's not legit, how can one tell whether it's kosher? Other than price.

Lots of detailed pics and questions. Also, simply ask if the guitar for sale is the same as the pictures in the post.

scooticus said:
OK, I'll bite - how can you tell it's not a genuine OBG? I've been looking at a few of these and don't want to get snookered.

aww...you should know better than that :)

read the guy's feedback, people are complaining about receiving knockoffs instead of the real thing.
it's from china and it's so cheap it's not even funny, steer away.

Back