Greco JS-65 2500 bucks??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greco_burst

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Greco-John-Sykes-signature-84-Mint-Collection-Les-Paul_W0QQitemZ110346470166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item19b1298316

A bit over the top in asking price? $2499.00 bucks Australian , for an 84 MintCo JS-65 with Dry 82's, with todays exchange rate that would be US$2300 or over 200,000 yen...

Not even worth it then. If I'm not mistaken those were 65000 yen new. Even with inflation your still not getting anywhere close to the kind of money he's asking for it.

This is where the MIJ vintage BS gets carried away. When guys ask this type of thing. It's like some dude who was selling his regular orville on yahoo japan for something outrageous like 150000 yen a few months back. Morons. But I guess your even more of a moron if you fall for it and buy it at that price.

soundcreation said:
Morons. But I guess your even more of a moron if you fall for it and buy it at that price.

That's why you should always do your research before purchasing anything online..With all the info available online, there is no excuse for anybody to get ripped off..

magentaplacenta said:
I used to have one of these and honestly, it wasn't that great.

I have 83 RR-65 and it is a killer guitar with tone to die for and in the smae condition or maybe a little better, i only paid around $450 Aussie dollars shipped about 2 years ago

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
magentaplacenta said:
I used to have one of these and honestly, it wasn't that great.

I have 83 RR-65 and it is a killer guitar with tone to die for and in the smae condition or maybe a little better, i only paid around $450 Aussie dollars shipped about 2 years ago

Mick

I agree, absolute killer guitar, I had one, the cousin, although mine had the kahler tremelo - RR95K - (very heavy at around 5.4kg.... :-? because of the kahler ) I paid about 700-800 bucks Aussie for that one about 1 year ago, it was another guitar I should have kept.

Latest posts

Back