New to the Forum with a question already!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Novosel said:
Albert - you need to buy that guitar! The price is right, it's great looking, and those aftermarket (I'm assuming) pickups look quite intersesting.

(...)

Albert - you need this guitar!
I totally agree. 475 euros is a steal for an LS75. GET. IT. NOW... before someone else does! :)

Oh and Novosel, interesting observation about the R9. You have an early eighties LS60/80, don't you?

yes, Arthur - I have an '84 ALS60 flametop, but had to scratch the itch for a Gibson. I've only had it two weeks now, but for the entertainment and enlightenment of the members of this forum, I think I will post a detailed and hopefully impartial comparison of the two. I think there would be a lot of interest in that.

>> Novovsel said: ...comparison of the two [Tokai & Gibson Hist). I think there would be a lot of interest in that.

Oh yes, my friend! Much interest. And if you are to illustrate with piccies, so much the better. Definitely a keeper thread that would be! :)

Ian-H

Hi everyone,

I have finally got more info on the guitar in question. Firstly the price was mistakenly put into the ad in Euro when it should have been put in in pounds, ?475! That's Euro 238 in the difference.

Anyway I am still really interested and I'm trying to split the difference in price with the seller.

More details on the axe:

THE GUITAR IS 1 YEAR OLD. NECK PICKUP IS SEYMOUR DUNCAN 59. BRIDGE PICKUP IS AN OLD TOKIA PAF. APROX 20 YEAROLD.
ONLY OTHER ALTERATIONS ARE THE STRAP BUTTONS ARE CHANGED TO LOCKING BUTTONS. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BUTTONS. THE GUITAR IS UNMARKED EXCEPT FOT 3 MARKS ON BACK AT BELT LEVEL OTHERWISE THE GUITAR IS IMMACULATE.. THE LAQUER HAS NOT CRACKED AT ALL. ...THERE IS A CASE ALSO

All in all and despite the increase in price it still sounds like a good deal to me? What do you guys think?

Albert

Albert F said:
Hi everyone,

I have finally got more info on the guitar in question. Firstly the price was mistakenly put into the ad in Euro when it should have been put in in pounds, ?475! That's Euro 238 in the difference.

Anyway I am still really interested and I'm trying to split the difference in price with the seller.

More details on the axe:

THE GUITAR IS 1 YEAR OLD. NECK PICKUP IS SEYMOUR DUNCAN 59. BRIDGE PICKUP IS AN OLD TOKIA PAF. APROX 20 YEAROLD.
ONLY OTHER ALTERATIONS ARE THE STRAP BUTTONS ARE CHANGED TO LOCKING BUTTONS. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BUTTONS. THE GUITAR IS UNMARKED EXCEPT FOT 3 MARKS ON BACK AT BELT LEVEL OTHERWISE THE GUITAR IS IMMACULATE.. THE LAQUER HAS NOT CRACKED AT ALL. ...THERE IS A CASE ALSO

All in all and despite the increase in price it still sounds like a good deal to me? What do you guys think?

Albert

Go for it!

Not sure about the old tokai PAF pickup - I don't remember seeing any with 12 adjustable poles - but it's certainly non-original and probably an upgrade from standard.

Deal done! I'm going to collect it tomorrow morning all going well. If it goes through I'll have some photos up before the end of next week. I'll keep you informed. Thanks for all the great advice!!!

Albert

:lol:

Hi Albert!

Well done. Looking forward to hearing more. Getting the SD 59 pup included was a good deal, I'd have thought. It's a very common upgrade for many LP owners. And getting a hard case sweetens the deal even more.

Best wishes,
Ian-H

You done good, Albert. :wink:

The upgraded pickups are a plus, as is getting a case with it, which seems now to be an "extra" with new Tokais.

I hope you really like it, now that we have collectively steamrolled you into getting it!

Hi all

Well I collected the guitar last Saturday and I have to say it looks even better 'in person'! It's a great finish almost like a faded iced tea / lemon burst. So the price in the end was ?450 but the seller threw in the hard case, a Liberty 10w vintage looking amp and even a bottle of lemon oil for cleaning the neck!!

The guitar looks great and plays really smoothly. I'm going to have the action raised just a little as there's a bit of buzzing on the bass strings especially. Other than that I have no complaints. I got a reply from the Tokai guy in the UK, Bob Murdoch and he thinks it is an LS65 from 2003 but I can find little info on that model. Even at that I presume it is still a guitar for the price paid and I didn't get fleeced (???!!!).

If anyone is interested I will get some photos of it and post them up on the topic. Thanks to all of you once again for your help I wouldn't have done it without all the advice.

Albert

I can't believe the sound it just defies the money paid for it especially

Albert,

You did good! I purchased an 2003 model LS-65 plaintop last year with the small dimple in the middle of the headstock. I had to do some quick learning to identify what I actually had see topic - http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I thought I had a great deal at 410GBP just for the guitar!!

It will cost you in the long run though because you will buy more Tokai's :wink: I recently purchased a Cherry Korean Tokai ES-60 its a great guitar but I am still trying to find the ideal pickups.

No close ups but I could take some with the digicam when I get home. You can see the guitar in some of the following pics though...

http://www.muttleynet.com/nose2.html

http://www.muttleynet.com/nose.html

I must try and take notice when people take pics and and 'throw some rock star shapes' etc. at the appropriate times - as you can see our vocalist has it down to a fine art (he plays an Epi though - cant have everything :wink: )

this is for alberts f attention.
havent been on the site for a while.im the guy that you bought your tok guitar from. glad that you like it. can you contact me [email protected].

Back