1980 Greco Super Real EGF1000 made in china

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombat

Reaction score
http://product.madeinchina.com/1980-Greco-Super-Real-EGF1000-Brazilian-Nitro/10907456.shtml

marcusnieman said:
So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....

There a handful of active sellers on Yahoo.
My wife has sent complaints to Yahoo but they don't care.

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.

Koubayashi said:
marcusnieman said:

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.

Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation. I have a GOOD fake Rolex I bought in China and a good friend of mine who is a high end watch broker said he really had to study it before he knew it wasn't real.

marcusnieman said:
Koubayashi said:
marcusnieman said:

Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation. I have a GOOD fake Rolex I bought in China and a good friend of mine who is a high end watch broker said he really had to study it before he knew it wasn't real.

As far as I have seen, 8 fake Super Reals has been sold this year :D
Plenty of others as well.

There is a way to find out ?f the seller is a shady axxxxxe.
They write Japanese on a non native level.

However, the problem is actually not the guitars cause there are rather few. The problem is that they sell as you wrote, "Rolex" but also bags, clothes, shoes, perfume and more.

This kind of sucks. But I suppose it's just like with Gibson copies from china..it's up to the buyer to do their homework. People can complain about it all they want but in the end people who fall for it probably didn't look hard enough.

caveat emptor....big time

What will happen if somebody in Europe or US is buying such a Fender,or Gibson or whatever ? There are customs and they should avoid the import of this faked stuff.

My point of view is it's up to the buyer.I mean the guitars are described as made in China.It's a difference if I pay the normal price for a guitar or a Rolex believing it is original.If I know it's faked and pay much less,I can not complain.And almost everybody buying a faked watch knows it is a copy.

marcusnieman said:
Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation.

Don't be fooled by the picture. He is using pictures of my guitar. Here is one without his I.D stamp. Another scumbag.

1.jpg

Smokin' Tone said:
marcusnieman said:

Don't be fooled by the picture. He is using pictures of my guitar. Here is one without his I.D stamp. Another scumbag.

that EGF went from Japan, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin, to Kentucky, to China :lol: .................... forgot how nice that top looks ...........

marcusnieman said:
Koubayashi said:
marcusnieman said:

What the hey do you think a Greco is :D
They made pretty good Gibson imitations in Japan....yeah.. :D

MIJvintage said:
Smokin' Tone said:
marcusnieman said:

that EGF went from Japan, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin, to Kentucky, to China :lol: .................... forgot how nice that top looks ...........

Stolen pics or not....There is a huge market for their copies..
Anything that generates cash is a target for them!

Grrr said:
I wonder if any of these end up on Japanese Yahoo?

They do. Yahoo is totally infected with Chinese copies.
Not too many guitars so far but I would never buy any designer clothes, jewelry, watches or similar from Yahoo if I don't know the seller.

Me and my wife have complained to Yahoo Admin plenty of times but they don't care. And it is so easy to open an account on Yahoo. I have 3 accounts that I use and 2 that I don't use. I have different accounts for different types of guitars and one for basses :D However, if an account gets negative feedback, just close it and open a new one. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger :D

They do street vending in Tokyo as well.

Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:

Not too many guitars so far but I would never buy any designer clothes, jewelry, watches or similar from Yahoo if I don't know the seller.

Me and my wife have complained to Yahoo Admin plenty of times but they don't care. And it is so easy to open an account on Yahoo. I have 3 accounts that I use and 2 that I don't use. I have different accounts for different types of guitars and one for basses :D However, if an account gets negative feedback, just close it and open a new one. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger :D

Well thats all pretty depressing, makes it hard to be sure what your getting, Seems to be geared towards the more "dodgy" sellers, and funding a religious group as well !!!! Buy a fake and help fund a religious group, crazy.

Grrr said:
Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:

Well thats all pretty depressing, makes it hard to be sure what your getting, Seems to be geared towards the more "dodgy" sellers, and funding a religious group as well !!!! Buy a fake and help fund a religious group, crazy.

To me that is the same rethoric as buying an American product.
Buy an American product and help fund bombings of civilians in Afghanistan..

So far on Yahoo there haven't been too many chinese guitars. But increasing slowly.

Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:
Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:

So far on Yahoo there haven't been too many chinese guitars. But increasing slowly.

Not sure I see the correlation, your first post quite matter of factly states "Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger :D " So therefore EVERY purchase IS funding a religious group. I don't see how buying a Reeses peanut butter cup is funding the bombings of civilians in Afghanistan, but I could, of course, be wrong.

Anyway back to the guitars.

Andy

Grrr said:
Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:
Koubayashi said:
Grrr said:

Not sure I see the correlation, your first post quite matter of factly states "Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger :D " So therefore EVERY purchase IS funding a religious group. I don't see how buying a Reeses peanut butter cup is funding the bombings of civilians in Afghanistan, but I could, of course, be wrong.

Anyway back to the guitars.

Andy

I buy American product, American company pays tax to the American government, American government send troops to Afghanistan....
Me don't like so me don't buy American products.

Anyways...This is not a political debate :D

the owner of Soft Bank is a Korean who lives in Japan.
He is part of a religious group.

ARRGHH!!!

More fakes, yes, what you get is NOT what you see, a while ago a friend of mine did this, but with a Gibson, thought he was getting a faarkin bargain, but got a crappy guitar instead.... he learnt the hard way...

Anyway, if anyone likes to buy one, afterall, we all make choices, right? you will get just a crappy guitar, and have spent how much? US$350? better put that towards a Real Super guitar, such as a Real Super Real guitar, not some shonky half baked chinese rip off.

I am talking about the fakers of course, not the quality Chinese factories for Edwards etc.

Mick

greco_burst said:
ARRGHH!!!

More fakes, yes, what you get is NOT what you see, a while ago a friend of mine did this, but with a Gibson, thought he was getting a faarkin bargain, but got a crappy guitar instead.... he learnt the hard way...

Anyway, if anyone likes to buy one, afterall, we all make choices, right? you will get just a crappy guitar, and have spent how much? US$350? better put that towards a Real Super guitar, such as a Real Super Real guitar, not some shonky half baked chinese rip off.

I am talking about the fakers of course, not the quality Chinese factories for Edwards etc.

Mick

What if you bought a Super Real and get a Super Crap?
That is how it works.

Latest posts

Back