Tokai Guitar - Serial no. 0402373

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iainblack said:
I recall Ozzy considering having Gary join his band but thought better of it as he had 'a face like a welders bench'.

That's very unkind! ....to welder's benches.

Hi Guys,

I am still confused here. I contacted the seller who sold me the guitar and he got very upset and told me it was geniune.

I have also seen the below posting on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-NLP-40-PRS-Copy_W0QQitemZ150384901680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2303a37e30

I am no guitar expert . What would you recommend with regards to apporaching Ebay concerning the guitar and the relevant seller.
The seller has advised several distributors in Canada sell these guitars, can I enter a posting on ebay like the one above?

I am trying to work out what to do here so any help is apprecaited or if you had similar cases. thank you

Si Pie said:
I didn't even look at the pic because I'm that **** good.

That's histerical Si Pie! :lol:

When I read Oz's post it seemed a bit harsh at first, but when a re-read it with Paul Hogan's voice in mind (Crocodile Mick Dundee) it sounded much friendlier. Try it; "Fosters, Austrailian for beer mate."

I was looking at these also as an alternative to my PRS Navarro. Great guitar, but would part with it if I could find something nice for 1/8 the price.

Most importantly, how do you like it? Tone, craftsmanship, playability? Cool that you found a lefty.

Use the search and also check out the "PRS Tokai" post. I got some very helpful info from the guys there. I almost picked up a Dillion on eBay right in my home town for $225 US, but ended before I realized :oops: .

Hi mate, the Fakai's as they are called around here are actually quite good guitars and timber wise are probably a little better than the equivalent Tokai. The Korean Tokai at the time were Alder bodied where as the Fakai's were generally mahogany bodied, as far as LP's go i would take mahogany over alder any day....Beware that there are still shops in Canada stocking these things and deceiving the unsuspecting buyer...

Hi Guys,

I am still confused here. I contacted the seller who sold me the guitar and he got very upset and told me it was geniune.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-NLP-40-PRS-Copy_W0QQitemZ150384901680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2303a37e30

I am no guitar expert . What would you recommend with regards to apporaching Ebay concerning the guitar and the relevant seller.
The seller has advised several distributors in Canada sell these guitars, can I enter a posting on ebay like the one above?

I am trying to work out what to do here so any help is apprecaited or if you had similar cases. thank you

rmarchetti81 said:
Hi Guys,

He may really believe that... but he's dead wrong. It could well be that he was ripped off when he bought it. Send him a link to the forum, and this thread. We can point him in the right direction.

rmarchetti81 said:

If you wanted a real tokai you probably have grounds for a return and refund, because the guitar is not a real tokai. If it was sold to you as genuine then it is not as described in the auction. However... the seller may have been an unaware victim himself, and sold the guitar in good faith. It's a tough situation.

rmarchetti81 said:

This is correct. The canadian distributer was the original fraudster. I'm guessing you can only post a listing if you point out very, very clearly that the guitar is one of the canadian fakes

rmarchetti81 said:

We've seen far too many of these cases...

I have decided to liase with ebay as the seller is being continually rude and won't even listen to what I am telling him

Do you have any factual documentations about why this guitar is fake. I just want to get the information together so I can present it to ebay.

any help again will be appreciated . thank you

rmarchetti81 said:
Hi Guys,

Send those pics to Tokai and they will tell you its a Fake, then forward it to that guy, this should help.

TGC
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Mick

Have you seen this.?
http://cgi.ebay.com/FAKE-Tokai-NLP-40-PRS-Copy-Dillion-DNLP-40-with-HSC_W0QQitemZ150385873633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2303b252e1

Seems he is reselling it as a FAKE...

So why are you still having problems?

Mick

Send those pics to Tokai and they will tell you its a Fake, then forward it to that guy, this should help.

Thanks Mick appreciate the help . I will do that.

Regarding your second point, he changed the listing now so the posting I sent was pre-change. Makes sense now. I will contact tokai now. thank you

The person I bought this "fake" tokai from advised:

"
I am able to prove now this guitar was manufactured FOR Tokai Gakki Co.
Ltd. what makes this guitar a Tokai. No question about it.

There is no
case for me here anymore but I can see you are still trying hard to prove I sold you fake guitar.

There are no legal tools that this guitar is fake because it was made for Tokai Gakki Co. Ltd which results in guitar being Tokai itself regardless useless information you have found in the Internet.

I am very well prepared to stand at my position and will not issue any refund for this guitar whatsoever. My position is firm and will not change because I can easily prove I am right.

Read what it says at
the back of headstock of your guitar.

You need to prove the licence to
manufacturer to make this guitar for Tokai Gakki Co. ltd is false.

Are
you able to do that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Any email whatsoever from local UK or
European Tokai representative will not have any value in this case whatsoever unless you are able to provide a copy of licence this guitar was manufactured for Tokai.

I have emailed Tokai per your request (thanks Micky) but regarding above quote how do I deal ?

Axchisler said:
Si Pie said:
I didn't even look at the pic because I'm that **** good.

That's histerical Si Pie! :lol:

Haha I'd forgotten about that post - intended to put a bit of humour into the thread as it was getting a bit bitchy :D

rmarchetti81 said:
The person I bought this "fake" tokai from advised:
There are no legal tools that this guitar is fake because it was made for Tokai Gakki Co. Ltd which results in guitar being Tokai itself regardless useless information you have found in the Internet.

I am very well prepared to stand at my position and will not issue any refund for this guitar whatsoever. My position is firm and will not change because I can easily prove I am right.

Read what it says at
the back of headstock of your guitar.

You need to prove the licence to
manufacturer to make this guitar for Tokai Gakki Co. ltd is false.

Firstly do not back down and don't agree that if the seller can prove the guitar is genuine you will accept it. Likelihood is you'll get some ******** 'proof' like 'it says Tokai on the headstock so it must be Tokai'. A fake Rolex is not a Rolex just because it has the name on the watch.

I would reply back stating that just because the guitar says Tokai, it doesn't disprove the guitar could be counterfeight and that 'Manufactured Under Licence' also does not disprove the item is counterfeight.

Advise that you have contacted Tokai Japan (note not a UK or European dealer as requested) and will forward the response directly to ebay once received.

Explain that there is more information to suggest this guitar is counterfeight than the genuine article and you want proof that the guitar is real. Simply stating it says Tokai on the headstock does not make it Tokai and you need the proof the seller describes they have obtained.

Finally explain that item listing 150385873633 indicates the guitar is not a genuine Tokai. You will forward all of this information to Ebay if no refund is forthcoming as clearly it is going to be impossible to co-operate.

Just out of interest, I know it's not a real Tokai but is it an ok guitar? Could you not compromise and ask for some money back and not all?

Here's that other post when I was asking about them too. There's also pics of Max The Dog's beautiful real Japanese PRS copy.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14577&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=prs+tokai&start=0

+1 Si Pie about a partial refund if he likes it. What do you figure they should sell for, $350 US?

Thanks Axchisler. It is good but I want to resell it for a fender. I paid an amount that I can't get back because it is fake and I can'tput on ebay if it is fake.
I thought I was buying a Tokai guitar which I could then resell when ready to move on, this is not the case as it is fake so will be harder to resell and devalued.

Back